Sunday, April 26, 2009

Putt, Putt, Vroom

Good evening friends.  I hope that you have been enjoying the weekend. We had another gorgeous day here in MA.

I went out for a 7.25 mile run very early this morning and it was already in the 60’s.  I overdressed again – I am not used to it being so warm. 

I made a yummy bowl of oatmeal with pumpkin, a banana and lots of cinnamon for breakfast.

 

DSC00892 DSC00893

Then I cleaned my house for 2 hours. My floors needed to be vacuumed,  dusting was a must and my bathroom needed a good scrubbing.  I like to scrub the bathroom floor on my hands and knees – it really looks squeaky clean when I am finished.

After my cleaning extravaganza I had a mango and 2 egg whites which I cooked in the microwave.

 

DSC00897 DSC00896

For lunch today I decided to make a very fruitful salad – inspired by my sis.  She always makes the most delicious looking salads that contain lettuce, strawberries, slices of pear, grapes and cheese.  In my salad I had lettuce, strawberries, blackberries, apple, cottage cheese and Maple Grove Farms dressing. It was delicious and both D and Charlie commented on how good it looked.  I had 4 Corn Thins – 2 plain and 2 topped with a piece of melted Swiss cheese.  I ended lunch with a sweet Jocalat bar – love these things!!! 

 

DSC00898 DSC00900

This afternoon me and my guys went out for some family fun.  We took D to play mini golf – he got 2 holes in one.  The place we were at had go-carts too so daddy and D went for a little spin.  This was D’s first go-cart experience and I was kicking myself for leaving the camera at home.  He looked so happy and excited. I couldn’t stop smiling as I watched my sweet baby boy having the time of his life with his daddy.  We will definitely be going back. 

When we got home I made dinner ASAP - I was starving since I did not have an afternoon snack. We picked up some lean ground bison at Whole Foods today so that I could make tacos for dinner.  I made my meal with a gluten free tortilla and my hubs had his taco style. Inside my monster wrap I had lettuce, seasoned bison (I made the seasoning blend with garlic powder, minced dried onions, chilli powder, dried cilantro and oregano),  tomato, salsa, avocado and shredded cheese.  It was delicious. I even got D to eat the bison.  I made him pasta with marinara sauce and added some cooked bison without all the seasoning.  He ate every bite. 

 

DSC00902 

For dessert I had a golden delicious apple with raw almond butter.

 

DSC00903

I am just chilling out in my living room waiting for Desperate Housewives to start.  I can’t believe that another weekend has flown by - I did have a great one.  I got to spend a lot of time with my loved ones and even a friend that I have not seen for years. I am so thankful for these times. 

I have a little something planned for the morning. Be sure to come back so you don’t miss out.  Have a great night. 

4 comments:

Erica said...

What a great day of activities and eats! I always feel much better when I get my house cleaned up! Yummy lunchy fruit salad!

K from ksgoodeats said...

Congrats to D on the hole in ones!! I used to LOVE to go putt putt with my family when I was a kid :)

Fruit in salad is always a winner!

Bridget said...

Wasn't the weather AMAZING this weekend?! It was almost too hot Saturday walking around Boston.
Your salad looks awesome! Nothing says summer is here better than Mini Golf!!! I love mini golf!
I gotta try Bison, I've heard its great plus its so lean!!

Charlie said...

Chilly powder? You should kick your proofreader!