Monday, April 13, 2009

Protein Dressing

Hey blog friends. I hope you have been enjoying your day.  D and I ventured out of the house in search of a Foam Roller and he really has his heart set on finding a Snow Trooper – Rocco has one so he NEEDS one too.  We were unsuccessful in the search for the Trooper but I did find a Foam Roller.  It came with an instructional DVD so I might try it out tonight.  A little evening stretching sounds really nice right about now.  Of course my little man did not come home empty handed. Toys R Us is now selling a 6 pack of Battlefront Clones – yeah the kid is spoiled – don’t judge. 

 

DSC00543

Here is the eats for the day.

My AM snack was 2 Raw Donut Holes – these things are delicious.  D asked if he could have a bite – I think he thought that they were real donuts but then he knows that I don’t eat donuts and asked what was in it.  I confessed that they were made of dates and almonds – he then refused to try a bite. 

 

DSC00520

For lunch I made the usual salad – lettuce, cabbage slaw, zucchini, 1 hard boiled egg, 1 hard boiled egg white, TJ’s salsa verde and Rice Crisps. I also had plain Greek yogurt with lots of cinnamon. My sweet ending was 2 Crispy PB Balls – they are insanely good and I must refrain from gobbling them all up.

 

DSC00527 DSC00523 DSC00524

 

This afternoon I snacked on a Cocoa Mole Larabar.  I love the heat and sweet that this bar delivers. 

 

DSC00530

When it came time to make dinner I did a little experimenting.  I wanted to use the Nutritional Flakes that I bought a while ago so I decided to make a dressing with it.  Into the Vita-Mix went 1/4 cup water, 3 tbsp Nutritional Flakes (thankfully the container I purchased was Gluten Free), about a tbsp raw cashews, a splash of Apple Cider Vinegar and a little shake of Garlic Powder.

 

DSC00532

I poured the dressing over a bed of lettuce and baby spinach.  I also added pumpkin and Tortilla chips to the salad.  This dressing had a whopping 10 grams of protein.  You can still see little chunks of the cashews – it was really tasty.

 

DSC00535 DSC00533

 

I had 2 Corn Thins with a piece of melted Swiss cheese.  There was no way that the salad was going to fully satisfy me.

 

DSC00539

Dessert was an apple and 3 Crispy PB Balls.  Would it be naughty if I went and had another? :) I just might before the night is over.  I would really like to have a nice warm cup of tea with it – my house is feeling a bit chilly at the moment. 

 

DSC00541

My guys are having a little bonding time while playing their  favorite Lego Star Wars Wii game.  Those 2 are addicted to that game. 

I will give you a report on how the Foam Roller works out when I post in the AM.  I am really looking forward to the IT Band Stretch.  It is really going to feel good after one of my long runs.  I was reading that as you get older your flexibility decreases so that is why it is so important to stretch.  I have admitted to being bad about my stretching but the last few weeks I have not worked out without beginning or ending with a little bit of a stretch routine.  I guess that I am just getting old - I will be 30 this summer – ugh!!!! 

Well I hope you have a lovely evening.  See you tomorrow. 

EDIT: I know that I said I would report in the AM but I wanted to let you know that I did use the Foam Roller for 40 minutes – yeah, my muscles needed stretching. It was great and sometimes painful – that darn IT Band.  I am opting for a pear as a snack instead of the Crispy PB Ball.  Have a good night.

5 comments:

K from ksgoodeats said...

Crispy PB balls and raw donuts - yum! Hope you enjoy the foam roller!! IT bands are so annoying, mine is always tight no matter how much stretching I do!

Erica said...

Glad you found a roller! Def let us know how you like it!! I know I am going to spoil the pants off our kid (once we have one), so I don't hold anything against you ;) You only live once right?

That protein dressing sounds awesome! I am def looking for new protein sources so I may give this a rock!

greendogwine said...

Where did you find the foam roller? I've looked 3 different stores (all local - and Target) and haven't found one! Should I just go to an actual sporting goods store??

biz319 said...

Your eats look delicious!!!

Sammie said...

Allison,
I looked at Target and had no luck so I went to a Dick's Sporting Goods store - that is where I bought mine. I also saw one at Sports Authority. You can also order one on-line but I am just impatient and wanted one ASAP. I hope you find one. I think it is going to help me out a lot with my stretching. Since you are a runner I think you would like it too.