Tuesday, April 7, 2009

PB2 Sauce

Happy Tuesday!  The rain has stopped but the sun still is in hiding.  Hopefully it will peek out for a little while today.  I know I say this ALL the time but I am really ready for the warm weather.  I just want to be able to go outside and not freeze my butt off. 

This mornings breakfast was quite yummy.  The photo makes it look like a soggy mess but it in fact it was not at all.  The oatmeal under all that sauce was extra thick and creamy. Of course the Greek yogurt added to the creaminess.  I was a little unsure of how the cinnamon and the PB2 would marry but they stood the test of time. 

DSC00279

Now that I have a full belly I must get my little sweet tart dressed so we can head out to story hour. 

Someone asked for the Chocolate-Nut Bark recipe – this one is from a William Sonoma Desserts cookbook.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 

Beat together 1/2 a cup room temperature unsalted butter, 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar, an egg yolk and 1 tsp vanilla. Beat till well blended.  Add in 1 cup all-purpose flour and beat again till the flour is completely incorporated. Pour the dough into an ungreased 10 1/2 x 15 1/2 inch baking pan and spread over the entire bottom in an even layer. I used a 9 x 13 inch pan and it worked fine.

Bake until the dough is set, about 10 minutes.  Transfer to a wire rack and immediately sprinkle 2 1/2 cups chocolate chips (dark, milk or any flavor you like) evenly over the dough.  Return pan to the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the dough is golden brown and the chocolate is melted.  Watch carefully so that it does not burn. 

Remove from the oven to a cooling rack and with an offset or icing spatula, immediately spread the melted chocolate over the entire top of the dough in an even layer.  Carefully sprinkle on the nuts of your choice over the chocolate.  Let the bark cool completely. When cool, put the pan in the freezer and let the chocolate harden for about 20 minutes. When the chocolate is hard, remove the pan from the freezer. Break into pieces.  I actually cut mine into small squares.  Enjoy.

3 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Snowing here!! Enjoy your weather for me.

LUSCIOUS BREAKFAST!!

Thanks for the recipe!!

Erica said...

That nut bark sounds so good! I will have to try making my own PB2 sauce- I just purchased 4 containers ;) Hope the sun comes out there today!

K from ksgoodeats said...

It's snowing here too :( That PB2 drizzle looks amazing! Thanks for the recipe!!