Saturday, April 11, 2009

Movie Night

Today has been a cold and rainy day. It is supposed to stop raining tomorrow but only be in the 30’s – BRRRRR!!!  Come on sunshine head this way soon. 

We really have not been up to anything exciting.  After the brunch we stopped at Trader Joe’s which just happened to be MOBBED. 

I took a Cinnamon Roll Larabar to brunch. It held me over well but by the time we got home it was 12:30 and I needed lunch ASAP.

DSC00431 DSC00432 DSC00434

Lunch was the usual massive load of veggies.  In the mix – lettuce, cabbage slaw, red pepper, zucchini, salsa (green & red variety – I was feeling like I needed variety at TJ’s today),  chic peas, cottage cheese and a hard boiled egg.

DSC00435

 

With the salad I had Rice Crisps. 

 

DSC00439

I ended lunch with a Cocoa Loco bar.

 

DSC00440

This afternoon I did manage to get some vacuuming done but other than that I was very unproductive.  I pretty much ate my lunch and read for a while – the guys were chilling out doing some father/son bonding. 

I did however do a little experimenting with Chia seeds. I mixed 3 ounces of Vanilla Almond Milk with a tablespoon of Chia seeds and let it sit for about 45 minutes. It turned into a thick “custard”.  It wasn’t extremely flavorful but it was unique.  I bet if I added some applesauce or mashed banana it would be yummy. 

DSC00442 DSC00444

 

I also had a sliced apple.

 

DSC00446

We also had to run to Whole Foods so that I could get some Gluten Free things that I can’t find anywhere but there.  When we got home I made dinner.

Sorry to bore you with yet another salad but this girlie loves her veggies.  In this one there was lettuce, a mixed veggie blend (from the freezer), salsa, hummus and cottage cheese.  

 

DSC00450

With this salad I had 365 Brand Tortilla Strips topped with a piece of melted provolone cheese.  This was delicious. I love, love, love melted cheese.  Then again I pretty much love cheese in any fashion.  Thankfully I can still stomach dairy – I could not live without cheese. And for me, the strong cheeses are my preference – oh how I love Asiago!!! 

 

DSC00447

I made a little something sweet that I will call dessert. I topped 2 Corn Thins with peanut butter, dried cherries and figs.

 

DSC00453

I was really still not full satisfied so I made another PB & Fig Corn Thin.

 

DSC00457

Tonight the three of us are going to the movies.  We are going to watch Monsters VS. Aliens. It is time to get a move on.  See you tomorrow. I hope that the Easter Bunny delivers some yummy goodies to your house.

6 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Haha, TJ's is ALWAYS mobbed over here - but thankfully it's still fun/worth going there.

Mmm, green & red salsa?? Tons of vegetables?? Yes, please!!

Enjoy the film tonight!!

K from ksgoodeats said...

TJs on a weekend is a scary, scary place!! Those chia seeds are intriguing!

I'm not complaining about the veggies!! I love 'em too! Along with cheese :)

Simple and Divine said...

Have fun tonight, miss thang! And are WF 365 brand tortilla chips gluten free?! That's awesome :)

xo

Sammie said...

Julz,
Here is the ingredients listed: Organic Stone Ground Yellow Corn, Organic Sunflower Oil or Safflower Oil, sea salt, water, trace of lime.

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Sammie,
Never apologize for all your salad messes as I love seeing them!

ooh, chia seeds. I just received a bag from Abbie and I can't wait to experiment. I'm going to try this recipe later today: http://kristensraw.blogspot.com/2009/04/holiday-chia-pudding-recipe-raw-vegan.html

P.S. Abbie said the recipe is really good without the lucuma powder...whatever that is. :)

Alison said...

The closest TJ's to me has such a small parking lot that they employee people to direct traffic!

I've been seeing the chia seeds on a bunch of blogs. I'm getting intrigued. My local co-op has them. I'll have to check them out.