Tuesday, April 28, 2009

It Was a Warm One

Today we did indeed hit that 90 degree mark on the thermometer.  I think tomorrow is supposed to be much cooler so we are not in a heat wave. 

Before D and I went to the book store I had a mini Apple Pie Larabar.  I really do like this smaller size.  Why will they not make these little gems available in the grocery store?  I would buy every flavor. 

 

DSC00943

There were only 3 kids at story hour today.  Everyone must have been soaking up the sun.  The stories were very cute and D liked all 3. 

When we got home it was lunch time.  My salad today was nothing out of the ordinary – lettuce, shredded coleslaw mix, roasted red peppers, salsa, hummus and cottage cheese. I at the salad with 2 Corn Thins and 2 rice cakes.

 

DSC00944

Lunch also included and apple and a Cocoa Loco bar.

 

DSC00949 DSC00950

After lunch I took D to the park for a few hours.  We met one of his friends there and they had fun playing.  They brought along a kite so there was some fun trying to get the kite to fly.  It was actually very windy which was nice seeing as it was a scorcher out there today.

When we got home I had to toss my filthy monster into the shower – he was a mess.  After running around he was so sweaty and dirty.  I think that the shower refreshed him because he seemed much more lively.  I thought that he was going to fall asleep during the drive home – he looked wiped out.

Then I had a banana with raw almond butter for a snack.

 

DSC00952

I made another salad for dinner – I wasn’t in the mood for a hot meal and I can not get enough veggies.  This one contained lettuce, shredded coleslaw mix, red pepper, zucchini, hummus, salsa and cottage cheese. I also had a gluten free wrap – still not willing to look pretty for the camera.

 

DSC00955 DSC00953

 

I did a little experimenting for dessert. I started with a little plain Greek yogurt topped with a few Cupola Chai Pistachio Cookies. The cookies crumbled nicely into the yogurt – it was delicious.  I decided to try the same thing with a little more yogurt and Cupola Chocolate Cashew Cookies.  Again it was delicious.  I really like the texture of the cookies with the yogurt. The cookies almost melt into the yogurt – if that makes sense.  A little crispness remained but the mix turned extra thick. 

 

DSC00957 DSC00958

 

D and I were without Daddy tonight – he is at a Retirement Party. I played a little Lego Star Wars on the Wii with him and then red him a few bedtime stories.  After I sang the usual tunes he drifted off within a matter of moments.  I think the afternoon of heat and fresh air really did him in. 

After he was in la-la land I did some weights. Since I have been running outside more frequently I have been slacking on my weights.  It felt nice to use my dumbbells. I made up a little routine as I went along and ended up doing a little over 30 minutes of training.

Time to kick up my feet and relax.  I hope you had a great day.  Enjoy your night.

7 comments:

Rose said...

I once bought some small Larabars at an REI, if there's one near you?

Sammie said...

Thanks Rose. I will think there is one not too far from where I live.

shawna said...

Wow, was it hot for sure yesterday! We still haven't put in the A/C yet, but we were regretting it in our upstairs bedrooms last night.

Much cooler today (actually, I was cold during my warmup with just a t-shirt on).

Have a great day!

K from ksgoodeats said...

I wish Lara sold the minis too! I don't understand why they don't - they'd sell like hot cakes!!

I love your salad bowls!!

Melissa @ For the Love of Health said...

That banana looks so good!!

I have never seen those mini-Larabars in Canada- I would prefer them to the larger one!

Mariposa said...

i would love those small lara bars.. i feel like its impossible to finish a big one!

i am loving the weather lately!!

HeatherBakes said...

I love those little Larabars. I always try to grab as many as I can at postrace parties.

Hope it's cooler today!