Wednesday, April 29, 2009

It Was Already Time to Go

Happy Wednesday!  Today my sidekick and I had our weekly babysitting shift at the gym.  Before I knew it, it was already time to leave.  Those two hours seemed to go by much faster today.  D is now enjoying some pizza for lunch. I always try to have a TJ’ s Organic 3 Cheese Pizza in the freezer for a quick go to option. He requested pizza so out it came. 

Here is a recap of my eats so far today. 

This morning I did a 5 mile run outside and then 25 minutes on my Water Rower. Of course I did a bunch of stretches and some foam rolling. 

Breakfast was a fast bowl of oats. I managed to cook it on the stove and it still was speedy.  I added rice protein powder while cooking and the oatmeal turned super thick and creamy. 

DSC00961 DSC00962

 

When it reached the desired consistency I poured it into my bowl and added cinnamon and blackberries. It was filled to the brim. 

 

DSC00964 DSC00963

 

I packed this bar to have as a snack after babysitting.  I love the texture – it is chewy, crunchy and a little sticky.

 

DSC00965

Lunch was of course a salad and I am sure you can guess all the contents. 

Lettuce

shredded coleslaw mix

salsa

hummus

cottage cheese

a slice of Swiss cheese – torn up and scattered around the bowl

I also had 3 Corn Thins which I broke apart and used as dippers.  It is always fun to eat a meal that way. 

DSC00966

I then had an apple with raw almond butter. It was my sweet ending. I would really like to cut out the processed bars.  Not Larabars – they are staying for good.  Besides, you really can’t beat the list of ingredients.

 

DSC00969 DSC00970

 

It is almost 30 degrees cooler today.  The sun is shining an it is actually gorgeous out there.  I am not sure what we are doing for the rest of the day. I hope you enjoy yours.

3 comments:

Rose said...

That oatmeal looks absolutely delicious.

polly said...

hi sweetheart!

LOVE those blackberries. My latest supper treat (as opposed to breakfast) has been oatbran with spinach and a container of blackberries on top. It's so good, and colorful next to the green. Love you and so glad you and D had a great day at the gym. Tomorrow is thankful Thursday. I am thankful for Sammie.

K from ksgoodeats said...

I love the apple with AB :) Such a classic combo!!