Thursday, April 16, 2009

Is this how my day is going to be????

Good morning friends.  The weekend is in sight.  Do you have anything exciting planned?

I opted for another run outside this morning.  After being cooped up inside ALL winter, I am loving my runs with Mother Nature.  I love to hear the chirping sounds from the birds and the noise of cars driving in the distance. Starting my day with some fresh air and a cool breeze really gets my body in the right state of mind. I was not planning to do 9.5 miles but my legs just wanted to run, run, run.  It felt great and I was a good doobie and did do my stretches when I was done. 

So this morning when I poured the boiling water into my mug IT CRACKED!!!  Water went oozing out onto the counter and the floor. Is this how my day is going to be?  I loved this mug too :(

 

DSC00602

Thankfully my oatmeal wasn’t in cahoots with the mug and stayed in the bowl while it cooked in the microwave. Seriously, there is nothing more irritating than an oatmeal explosion to start the day. 

 

DSC00605

 

My whopping load of oats were exceptionally decadent this morning.  I cooked the oats till they were good and THICK.  I moved the oats to one side of the bowl and added plain Greek yogurt into the empty space. 

 

DSC00607 DSC00608

 

I topped the whole thing with banana slices. Then came the goodies.  One side got Cocoa Bliss and the other Coconut Butter. On how I love coconut.  The Cocoa Bliss really tasted amazing mixed with the yogurt.  It gave it just enough sweetness and a little added texture.  This was a winner of a breakfast.

 

DSC00604 DSC00606

After the monsoon this was rather comforting. 

D and I are going to story hour so I better get my butt in gear. He isn’t even dressed yet – I am slacking.  I hope you have a great day. 

By the way, I am thinking about trying out more Raw Food recipes, so if anyone would care to share some with me I would be delighted. Thanks. 

4 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Ahh, hang in there!!

HangryPants said...

I have a bunch of recipes from when I did the Raw Challene. I made great bars, zucchini pasta and corn chowder. All delicious. Let me know if you want any recipes.

hangrypants@gmail.com or just search on the blog.


Hope your day improves after the broken mug. Sad. :(

Mariposa said...

im thinking about doing some raw recipes this month as well. i think i go thru this every spring! then it fades away as hamburger season hits.. lol

i hate it when nice things break! it makes me so mad!

K from ksgoodeats said...

Oh no!! Sorry about the mug :( I would have been so upset if one of my mugs cracked! Your breakfast reminds me of a ying-yang!