Saturday, April 18, 2009

Immerse and Blend

Happy Saturday!!!  I wish it were as sunny as yesterday :(   Oh well, we enjoyed it while it was here and thankfully the warmer weather is just around the corner. 

I did a nice 8 miler today.  Of course I used my Foam Roller before & after the trek out into the great outdoors.  That thing is my new BFF. I admit I did curse at it when we first met but now I can not imagine life without that darn thing.  To be totally honest, my bum muscles have never felt so good and my hammies are happy too. 

For breakfast I took a load of soaked steel cut oats and put them in a pot with 1 1/2 cups of water.  I let it cook for ten minutes then put the lid on and went and took a shower.  When I came back to the pot the liquid was fully absorbed so I added a tad more. I broke out the immersion blender – way easier to clean. 

 

DSC00654 DSC00655

 

The result was not as smooth as yesterday. There were still little oaty chunks, which was fine with me – I like the chewiness of this bowl.  I added a banana and called it finished.  It was delicious. 

 

DSC00657 DSC00658

Today is a special day. My nephew Rocco is 5.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my other sweet tart!!!

HPIM0078 buddy1

Time to feed the fam and then head to the Birthday Celebration.  I will take pictures and share with you.  Enjoy your day.

4 comments:

K from ksgoodeats said...

Glad you're liking the foam roller!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROCCO :)

VeggieGirl said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ROCCO!!

polly said...

HAVE FUN!!

That blendy techinique is exactly what I do everyday! (but with my Trader Joe's oatbran)

Creamy and yet still little texture.
mmmmmmm

Love to you, sweet Sammie! XOXO

Brooke said...

Such adorable kiddies!!:) Hope the bday party was a blast!