Wednesday, April 8, 2009

His Favorite Cookie

This afternoon I asked D what he would like to do and he said that he wanted to make cookies. This time he requested no orange in them - he wasn’t a fan of the Dark Chocolate Orange cookies that I made the other day.   With a bag of Hershey Special Dark Chips in hand, my little baker and I whipped up the dough and in no time he was munching on his favorite cookie.  My boy loves his chocolate chippers.  He did an awesome job adding the ingredients to the Kitchen Aid mixer – baking with him is always fun.  Daddy was happy when he got home and saw the famous three tiered rack full of yummy goodies.

 

DSC00329  DSC00323
DSC00321 DSC00328
DSC00330 DSC00332

 

I did have to fit in a snack for myself in between pans of cookies going into the oven. I had Greek yogurt, a pear, cinnamon and a rice cake with almond butter.

 

DSC00327 DSC00324

 

Dinner was another salad.  I am sure you all can tell by now that salads are by far my favorite thing to eat.  I love all the different flavors in the same bowl and they are just so fresh and healthy tasting .  In my dinner salad there was lettuce, cabbage slaw, zucchini, hummus, chicken, fresh lemon juice and Maple Grove Farms dressing.  On the side I had some Nut Thins.  I am a cracker girl these days.  The gluten free bread is only so-so (I will eat it if I have to) but I am really loving the crunchiness of the crackers.

 

DSC00335 DSC00336

 

My dessert tonight was a cookie that I can eat.  I finally found the Peanut Butter Cookie Larabar back on the grocery store shelf.  It has been so long since I had one of these delicious bars.  It was soft, crunchy and really does remind me of a soft baked cookie.

 

DSC00337

My plan for this evening – a nice Yoga for Runners session. I am really in the mood.  I’m hoping that D will go to bed easily tonight so that I have some time to do my favorite 60 minute Yoga Download class.  He’s having himself a little fit right now. I think I need to assist.  See you all tomorrow. 

6 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Holy yum cookies!!

PB Cookie Larabar used to be my favorite, but I haven't eaten a Larabar in MONTHS (since I'm hooked on Pure bars, haha).

Enjoy your evening!!

Erica said...

Your cooling rack is so awesome! I know I will love baking with a little one (once we have one ;)). Your little guy looks so cute!

K from ksgoodeats said...

I've got to go with D on this one - chocolate and orange isn't my favorite combination, either! The cookies look like they turned out well :)

Cabbage slaw!! Isn't it fun? Nice and crunchy!!

Alison said...

Love the cookies - simple yet delicious.

Sarah (lovINmytummy) said...

I'm telling you, the answer to all "fits" is: BANANA PHONE ;)

HangryPants said...

I'm just catching up here, but I wanted to comment on these cookies! They look wonderful.