Thursday, April 9, 2009

He’s Shaped

This afternoon D and I made a couple Shrinky Dinks to put into an Easter card that he picked out for his hairdresser who is also my hairdresser.  On the cover of the card was a frog with bunny ears.  The inside read “wishing you a happy day from the Easter Ribbit” – he really thought that was hilarious.  He said “I hope Tabitha got kicked out of that card”.  Of course he meant got a kick out of that card – he’s already a little jokester. 

Before the hair raising experience I ate an apple

 

DSC00356 DSC00358

 

and a Mrs. Mays Trio bar.  I love these things.  They are sweet, crunchy and of course gluten and soy free.

 

DSC00364 DSC00362 DSC00365

 

Here are the photos of my little man getting his hair shaped – we could not say cut.  I think the thought of the scissors getting that close to his head was freaking him out.  He didn’t like the black smock so I had to tell him he looked like Darth Maul – Star Wars to the rescue.  He was so good and he let Tabitha work her magic.  She just trimmed it up a bit and thankfully it doesn’t look like a mullet.  I like the little wings on the sides and in the back – he is so handsome.  I would think that even if he did have the 80’s do. 

 

hair hair2 hair3
hair4 hair5 hair6

 

When we arrived home it was already passed 5 and I was a one hungry mama.  I threw together a salad concoction that had been mulling around in my brain this afternoon.  I did a little prep work before leaving – by that I mean I hard boiled some eggs.  

My salad contained lettuce, red pepper, zucchini, 2 hard boiled eggs, hummus, Nut Thins and Maple Grove Farms dressing.  Thanks to Miss Heather I had no doubt that the egg and hummus combo would be nothing but stellar – it was delish!! 

 

DSC00384 DSC00383 DSC00385

 

I was in the mood for a little something that resembled dessert and I have slim pickings these gluten free days so I opted for a couple Corn Thins with peanut butter and dried apricots.  They were good but not as good as soft serve – yes I had a craving.  I just happened to look up the flavor of the day at Truly Yogurt and it is Cinnamon Bun – oh baby you all know that is right up my alley.  Unfortunately Truly Yogurt is truly a half hour away and we had visitors this evening (my in-laws stopped by for a quick hello).  Maybe the next time it is the special flavor I can get my mitts on some.

 

DSC00387

My mother-in-law & father-in-law gave us each a little something for Easter and instead of candy in my goodie bowl she gave me Larabars – does my family know me or what?  I got a Banana Bread, 2 Coconut Cream Pie and 2 Chocolate Coconut – she did good on the flavors.  I am now stocked for a few days. 

So that is all the excitement that went on around these parts today.  I hope you all had a lovely day.  See you in the morning. 

6 comments:

K from ksgoodeats said...

D is the cutest little boy, ever! Honestly between the joke and his expression in the third picture - precious!

Hooray for Laras in your Easter basket! That sounds like my Christmas stocking :)

Anonymous said...

what brand of cottage cheese do u use, b/c i remeber you mentioning you struggleed with acne and i have heard that dairy can inflamme acne , but ur skin seems clear. Is it just to avoid hormones that will keep ur skin clear, plz i really need clear skin ( sorry if its confusing im rambling and in a rush)

Mariposa said...

oh i love the pics of the little guy getting his haircut!!! so cute!

VeggieGirl said...

Aww D looks fabulous!!

Score on the Larabars for Easter!! :-)

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

D = adorable. I love what he said about the card, and I used to love Shrinky Dinks!!! Didn't even know they still made those. How fun.

Thanks for the shout out Sammie, and I'm so glad you enjoyed your eggs & hummus. Such a good combo. I wanted more tonight, but we're all out of hummus, and I was too lazy to make my own.

Score on the Larabars - very thoughtful of your in-laws. Happy Easter! :)

Sammie said...

I use Friendship Dairy - usually the no salt added kind but if the store is out I will buy the whipped or regular Low-fat variety.