Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!!

I hope you all had a great day, whatever way you spent it. Here is a full recap of the happenings at my homestead this fine day.

The Easter Bunny left a bunch of goodies for D.  Here is his loot just waiting to be discovered.

 

DSC00470

 

I hit the pavement early this morning while my guys slept. Before heading out I had 1/2 an Enjoy Life gluten free bar.  It was frosty – you can kind of see a little of the evidence on my hat.  I did a nice 9 miler and made it back even before the boys were awake.

 

DSC00463 DSC00468

 

Breakfast was a different concoction this morning.  I soaked 3/4 cup oatmeal with water overnight, then in the morning I added a tablespoon of chia seeds.  While I showered I let the seeds soak up the remaining liquid.  I warmed up that mix on the microwave for a few minutes, then added a banana and some unsweetened coconut. 

 

DSC00482 DSC00486

I finally bought a container of NutriBiotic Rice Protein powder. I was waiting for Whole Foods to get more of the Vanilla flavor but they have been out for weeks now.  I just opted for the Chocolate because the Very Berry was just not appealing to me.  I mixed 2 cup unsweetened rice milk with a scoop of protein powder and mixed it in the Vita-Mix.  I added a few ice cubes to the blender at the end for a super chilly drink. 

DSC00489  DSC00488 DSC00491 

 

I also made some Raw Donut Holes.  After seeing Abbie make these, I knew that I needed to make a batch.  I did not add the dried pineapple but they still came out delicious.  I shared some with my sissy today and she thought they were great.  I had one for a snack with my protein drink this morning.

 

DSC00492 DSC00493

I also made Crispy Peanut Butter Balls.  I have been wanting to make something gluten free with brown rice syrup and this is the recipe that I came up with.

I mixed 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1/2 cup organic brown rice syrup, 1/2 tsp vanilla and 1/2 tsp cinnamon in a glass bowl. I set the bowl over a pot of boiling water to let the mixture become warm and soft enough to stir. Once the desired consistency was reached I added 2 cups Crispy Brown Rice Cereal and 1/2 a cup Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips.  I rolled the mixture into small balls and set them on a parchment lined baking sheet.  I placed the finished product in the freezer for a few minutes.  I am storing them in the fridge along with the donut holes.  I now have a nice stash of gluten free goodies. 

 

DSC00495 DSC00497

I packed a lunch to take to my Nana’s house but D ended up needed to have lunch at 11:30 (Nana’s lunch was at 1:00). I ended up feeding my guys at our house and eating mine at that time too.  I was starving and it was already past noon time by the time I managed to eat.

I had a salad – lettuce, cabbage slaw, zucchini, 1 hard boiled egg + 1 hard boiled egg white and red & green salsa. I also had Rice Crisps and plain Greek yogurt.

 

DSC00499

 

I ended with 2 Crispy Peanut Butter Balls. These things are delicious – Charlie and my sis agreed that they are yummy. 

 

DSC00504 
We went to Nana’s house for a visit.  I got to see my sis and her kiddos.  D and Rocco spent the entire time playing Star Wars – those 2 are inseparable.  I packed a Chocolate Coconut Larabar and ate that as my afternoon snack. 

We made it home around 5 o’clock – time to make dinner.  I made another delicious salad – lettuce, pumpkin, cottage cheese and a chopped apple.  With my salad I had 2 rice cakes topped with a slice of provolone cheese. I put them under the broiler in my toaster oven – they got a little over done but actually didn’t taste it at all.  I had 3 more Crispy PB Balls for dessert – yes, they are seriously that good. 

 

DSC00512 DSC00513

So my little man was super excited about his Easter goodies. He had fun with some new stickers this afternoon.  He also wanted to wear a new Star Wars t-shirt. 

 easter3

He even likes the new air planes. 

 

easter1

He looks so sweet here.

 

easter2 

And just one more because I think he is just such a handsome little guy. 

 

easter4

 

It is definitely time to call it a night. Enjoy your evening.  See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

HAPPY EASTER!!

Um no, I recommended the Sun Warrior rice protein, haha ;-)

Sammie said...

Sorry Liz, my mistake.