Thursday, April 2, 2009

Great Close-Ups

Thankfully the stories that were read today did not contain little girls dressed up as princesses and fancy jewels.  The theme today was silly stories.  D sat and listened to all 4 of them like a good little doobie.  Afterwards the kids got to get a Polaroid photo of themselves making a funny face.  They all had never seen a Polaroid camera before and were all like “were is my face”.  Back in the day a Polaroid camera was cool – now it is considered old school. 

Before we left I had one of my homemade bars. 

 

DSC00051

 

For lunch today I made an open face chicken melt with swiss cheese on gluten free bread. I also had zucchini, red pepper, hummus and Nut Thins. 

 

DSC00059

 

I love how well my new camera takes close-up pictures.  

 

DSC00061 DSC00062 DSC00063

 

I ended with a little sweetness dried fruit style – apricots, figs and prunes.  I love to stuff an almond inside the pieces of fruit for some crunch. 

 

DSC00058

I’m heading out to my hair appointment soon but first I think that I will have a nice warm cup of tea – I’m chilly.

Enjoy the afternoon.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Your new camera takes fantastic pictures! What kind did you get?

Sammie said...

Danielle,
I got a Sony Cyber Shot DSCH50 9.1 MP Digital Camera.

VeggieGirl said...

LOOOOVE your homemade bars!!

Rose said...

Beautiful photos - especially that bar. Love your new cam!

Sara said...

Those bars look delicious!! I want to eat them right off the screen :)