Sunday, April 19, 2009

Got Worms??

Happy Sunday? I hope your weekend is going well. It isn’t that warm today but at least we are seeing the sun. 

I did a nice long run this morning after eating an Enjoy Life bar and rolling on my favorite piece of foam for a little while.  I ventured out for a 10 miler today and I didn’t even need a hat or gloves.  I am so loving the nice weather. 

The rain we had over night really brought out the worms and HUGE ones at that.  The road was seriously covered with worms.  I had some fancy foot work going on in my attempt not to squash them. It was kind of icky and they were on every road that I ran on. 

When I got back home I hopped on my foamy friend again and massaged my well worked muscles. 

For breakfast this morning I went back to old faithful.  I cooked 3/4 cup oats with water. Then I added vanilla yogurt, a banana and raw almond butter.  It was delicious.

DSC00708 DSC00707 DSC00706

We are planning on heading into the city for the Marathon Expo – we double checked, today is the correct day.  I am not sure what to expect since I have never been before but since it is all about running I am sure that I will be in runners heaven. 

I hope you have an awesome day.  See you later.

4 comments:

FoodsThatFit said...

Marathon expo's are so much fun!!! Have a blast!

K from ksgoodeats said...

Yuck, yuck, yuck!! I hate when the worms are out!!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

A 10 miler and a huge bowl of oats...sounds like the perfect Sammie morning, and topped with almond butter made it the perfect Heather morning. :)

Hope you had fun at the Expo!

Jaime said...

hey sammie! just catchin up now!! so glad you are enjoying the foam roller-- i have been suffering from ITBS since january and havent been able to run-- the foam roller is a huge part in my recovery and it makes a HUGE difference in breaking up all that tissue.

my running "guru" is an ex-olympic runner-- he owns boston running co (on charles st in boston)-- he told me muscles are supposed to be "like milk" and "not hard" often times people think firm and muscular legs are best, when in reality this can lead to lots of injury!

so glad you are taking proper care of yourself so you dont end up runnningless for 4 months like me! :( im getting there slowly but surely! xoxo