Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Giving it Another Chance

Happy Wednesday!!  The sun is shining here today which always puts me in a cheery mood.  I had to babysit at the gym this morning – hence the delay in posting. 

I did my run in the great outdoors today – I am loving the early sunrise.  I did 8.16 miles and it felt glorious.  I could actually feel a difference in my hips, thighs and butt – thank you Foam Roller.

For breakfast I made a big bowl of Protein Oats. Here is the low down:

3/4 cup Oatmeal

1 1/2 cups water

tablespoon Rice Protein

DSC00574 

When it was finished cooking I added a banana and a tablespoon Flax Meal.  I used to think that flax and I did not get along but I have decided to give it another chance. Since eliminating gluten from my diet I have been handling veggies much better so I figured it was worth a shot.  I love the nutty flavor that the flax added to my oatmeal.  I can see this stuff topping many of my meals – salads, yogurt, cottage cheese – sounds good, right? 

 

DSC00576

 

I packed a little snack to eat after we were through with our shift at the gym. I love how portable string cheese is and the almond/dried cherry mix was crunchy and sweet. 

DSC00578

 

Ready for the salad – it was delicious. It contained lettuce, shredded cabbage, zucchini, salsa, hummus, cottage cheese, a slice of Swiss cheese and a little drizzle of Maple Grove Farms Balsamic Dressing. 

 

DSC00579 DSC00581

 

I had some TJ’s Rice Crisps for some dippers and crunch.

 

DSC00582

And the sweet ending was a Cocoa Loco Bar. 

 

DSC00583

So I wanted to ask for some feedback. I am thinking about a few changes to the blog. I eat the same stuff and feel like I might be boring you all – or myself for that matter. You know my dietary restrictions and I try to get creative but sometimes I need something fast. Especially having 2 other people to feed. 

Can you give me some suggestions of things you would like to see on this blog? I am not sure if I am going to cut back on the umber of posts or what.  I might not include every little bite that I take either – you all know that I eat often and it is usually the same stuff. If I did get crazy and change it up I would definitely include that in the post – like the flax meal this morning.  I am just mulling around a few ideas in my head. I guess the lack of comments lately has me wondering if I have lost readers since starting my new diet. Please let me know what you think.  Your input means a lot to this Mommy. 

Enjoy the rest of your day.

12 comments:

FoodsThatFit said...

I've enjoyed the posts the way they are,keep up the great job :)

VeggieGirl said...

Enjoy the sunshine!! None here :-(

I'm with Abbie (above) - keep on posting as you are!!

polly said...

I love your blog, sweetie!! You are a peach and perfect as you are. XOXO

Anonymous said...

I love your posts too! Even if your meals are the same, I love coming here every day and reading:)

Erica said...

You know I love your bloggy just as it is :) I always love seeing your fresh, healthy foods! I love when you highlight your baked goods as well. Please also keep us up to date on what you're doing exercise wise!

Stacey said...

I read your blog every day and always look forward to your updates!

HeatherBakes said...

Nice job on the 8 mile run!!

I heart your blog and can't really think of anything it's lacking... you seem to switch it up quite a bit (more than I do!).

Hope you and D are having a fun day!

Simple and Divine said...

I ADORE YOUR BLOG! I think it would be fun for you to post recipes sometimes for your faves? But other than that, Sammie, your blog is amazing because it is all you and your family :D I adore it and find comfort in your eats (they are totally like my own, afterall).

Keep on keepin on, momma!

K from ksgoodeats said...

I love your blog! Sorry I haven't been able to comment all the time - school is getting crazy as the semester winds down. I really enjoy reading about your new diet and how you're finding what works best for you! Whatever you choose to do, I'll still be here :)

Thanks for the nutritional yeast info in the last post!

Brooke said...

I feel really bad bc I read your blog often but I'm not a big commenter. So just for you to know there are probably more readers like me out there that read and really enjoy but don't always comment! I will comment more:) I love your blog, I don't think you need to do a face-lift.

Michelle said...

I am also a daily reader, but rarely comment (I think I may have once before on your blog). I enjoy getting salad, meal, and snack ideas from you because I, too, run, workout, and therefore eat a lot! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

hi there, this is my first time commenting, but i really enjoy your blog the way it is! it's great bc there aren't as many healthy lifestyle blogs out there that have families included too. =)