Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Food, lots of Food

Are you ready for a major whopping of food.  I have been quite hungry today.  Maybe it is because I have not stopped once today or maybe it was the Elliptical Running this morning???  What ever it is I have been in need of major eats today. 

After cleaning up the mess left by Mr. Boiler Man, D and I had a snack and went to story hour at the bookstore.  I had anther Rice Protein drink – a scoop of powder mixed with water. Yeah, I chocked it down.  I also had 2 Raw Donut Holes – at least I had something yummy to look forward to after the rather bland drink. This stuff definitely tasted better when mixed with the banana. 

DSC00553 DSC00555

Rocco called and asked us to come over so I made a quick lunch and then we hit the road yet again.  I had the usual mass of veg – lettuce, cabbage slaw, pumpkin, salsa, cottage cheese. Accompanying the greens was Rice Crisps.  I also had a rice cake with melted Swiss cheese.  My sweet ending was 2 Crispy Peanut Butter Balls.

 

DSC00556 DSC00559 DSC00562

For a snack at my sis’s house I packed a Larabar which was consumed roughly around 3:15 – I couldn’t wait any longer. 

 

DSC00560 

When we got home I made dinner - another salad – mommy loves her greens.  This salad contained spinach, shredded cabbage, green and yellow squash, 2 hard boiled egg whites, salsa and Nutritional Yeast dressing.  I made the dressing by simply mixing 3 tablespoons of Nutritional Yeast Flakes with water. I dumped it over the salad and added some dried basil. 

DSC00564

I also had some Mr. Krispers Baked Nut Chips, an apple and Greek yogurt with cinnamon as dip. 

 

DSC00566 DSC00567

For dessert I had a RAW Crunch bar – look how beautiful this thing is.  It was super crispy but also chewy – I loved it. 

 

DSC00568 DSC00570

My honey came home with a little something for me – a box of Gluten Free cookies made by the Enjoy Life Company.  I had to give one a try.  They are delicious. Just like the bars they make, the cookies are a bit on the wee side. 

 

DSC00571 DSC00573

So there you have ALL my eats for the day.  I am happy to report that I feel full but not STUFFED.  I foresee a Roller massage at some point this evening. 

Have a great night.

8 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Mmm, donut holes and PB balls; and I LOOOVE the Enjoy Life cookies!!

Sarah (lovINmytummy) said...

You almost make me want to try that nooch dressing. Almost.

K from ksgoodeats said...

I love seeing your salad creations :) I'm with Sarah, your nooch dressing is intriguing me! Is it cheesy?

runsarah said...

I need to try nutritional yeast, it seems so versatile! That raw bar looks SO good, yum.

Sammie said...

K,
It slightly reminds me of cheese. It is more of a salty and nutty flavor.

Anonymous said...

Love your blog. I tend to eat in a very similar fashion. If you like the Raw Bar, you should give Bumble Bars a try. They come in a bunch of great flavors (chai is my favorite) and they're gluten free.

vincent said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM!!! YUM!!!.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com

Danica's Daily said...

Donut Holes and a fabulous salad creation...what a perfect day! I have been scared to try nutritional yeast, but, now I really want to after seeing how you used it.