Monday, April 6, 2009

Farewell Sir Milton

The week is not starting off good over here at our house. Our hamster Milton went to little critter heaven. The weird thing is that when I was getting ready to leave this morning he was running around his cage like he usually does. Charlie passed by his cage on the way to say goodbye to me and notice the little bugger facedown in his layer of fluff that covers the bottom of the cage floor. Once he moved him it was obvious that Milton had indeed passed on. I’ll admit that I have shed a few tears – I have a very soft spot for the little rodent. We took him out to the backyard and buried him. I have already made it clear that we are not going to have anymore little critters – it’s way to sad when they die.

Moving on to the other happenings of the day, I did get in a run in at the gym. I did 6.2 miles then moved into the weight room and had a good weight training session. I made sure to do a bunch of yoga stretches before I ventured back home. The stretching is really paying off – no stiffness or sore muscles for this mama.

Breakfast this morning was a yummy bowl of oatmeal topped with a sweet and juicy pear that came from Whole Foods. The produce there never lets me down.

I cooked up the oh so belly filling 3/4 cup oats then added the pear, cinnamon, Greek yogurt and more cinnamon (I really can’t get enough of my favorite spice).

DSC00248

I talked to my mom last night and she is going to be stopping by the blog today. I thought that I would give her something to smile about. Here is a picture of my sweet tart this morning. Thankfully his tummy is feeling much better today. He was able to eat his breakfast and hasn’t complained of a belly ache once.

declan

His smile is going to make this day so much brighter. I hope you have a good one.

11 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

So sorry for the loss of your hamster, Sammie - hang in there.

Alison said...

I'm sorry about your hamster. I still remember my hamster who died 15 years ago. In fact, my e-mail comes from him.

If you wanted another pet, you could get a dessert tortoise or pet bird - some of those can live as long as you do.

Great oatmeal pics.

Rose said...

I'm sorry to hear about Sir Milton....

K from ksgoodeats said...

Aw sorry to hear about Milton :(

Anonymous said...

Sorry about Milton..so hard to lose our little friend's!!
Glad D is feeling better..

Sandy :)

Lacey Nicole said...

aww i'm so sorry :( it is always sad. i'm still sad about my dog having to be put down last august :( i have a question about your stretches. i know you have mentioned pigeon pose-- what other ones do you to be effective for stretching? i typically do the lunges (warrior 1 and 2, and the 2 variations) as well as triangle and downward dog, but i am definitely looking for more/better stretches, i have been really tight lately. thanks!

Danica's Daily said...

I am so sorry to hear about your hamster....but, just look at the adorable picture of your son and smile.

Sarah (lovINmytummy) said...

RIP Milton :(

Does D understand? I'm not sure Gracie would understand if we lost someone/something she was close to.

Hope you guys have a good day otherwise!

Danielle said...

So sorry about your hamster! Losing any pet is hard!

Sammie said...

Lacey Nicole,
I do all the poses that you mentioned and I also do runners lunge, crescent lunge, reverse triangle, twisting triangle, half moon, frog, ankle on knee and seated forward fold.

Sammie said...

Sarah,
D kind of gets it but he isn't too sad. He didn't play with Milton everyday so it isn't like he just lost his buddy.