Monday, April 20, 2009

Daily Dose of Oats

Wow what a finish!!  The Marathon was so exciting to watch even D was cheering for the runners.  He kept asking me if I was running that race – someday this Mommy should just give it a go.  I mean seriously, the start of the race is like 10 minutes from our house. 

Before we went to run our errands I snacked on this Larabar while watching the race get underway. 

 

DSC00728

Of course running around town always takes longer than I plan so by the time we got home I was famished.  I made a quick salad – lettuce, shredded cabbage, fresh salsa, red pepper, hummus and cottage cheese. I had 2 rice cakes with it. 

 

DSC00731 DSC00735

 

And ended lunch with this little treat.

 

DSC00736

We had ourselves a rather dull day but at least I was productive around the house.  I did end up needing to snack on an apple around 2:30 but that filled up my big toe so I fixed another snack around 3:30 – Greek yogurt and a NP Bar.  That held me over until dinner.

 

DSC00738

 

That is when I got my daily dose of oats.  I was so craving a creamy bowl so I said why not make it for dinner. I cooked 1/2 a cup of oatmeal with water and 3 egg whites.  I then added a nice drizzle of raw almond butter. It was just what the tummy needed – thick, warm, gooey and delicious. 

 

DSC00739

I also had a tiny sweet potato stuffed with hummus.  I find it hard to not have my veggies at dinner time – this fit the bill perfectly. 

 

DSC00741

Dessert was a Stoneyfield Farms yogurt, 2 Corn Thins and a smear of Peanut Butter.  Simple, yet oh so tasty. 

 

DSC00744

 

It is only 8 o’clock and I already feel like a zombie.  I think that I will be heading to bed very soon. I hope you all had an awesome day. See you in the AM. 

3 comments:

Briana said...

Glad to see you had a good time watching the race, I hope you can run it when you're ready!

Brooke said...

I would never think of mixing a sweet potato with hummus. I have so much to learn! Isn't greek yogurt just divine? I absolutely love it!

Mariposa said...

looks like it was a really fun day! i wish i had taken it off! : )