Monday, April 6, 2009

Busy Baker

Today we kept busy and did some baking. Charlie had requested cookies and I did not want to disappoint him. The first thing I made was Chocolate Bark which I topped half with salted cashew pieces and left the other half plain.

 

DSC00267

 

D was the taste tester and he approved.

 

DSC00265

 

The next goodie I made was indeed cookies for my honey. I made sugar cookie dough and stirred in a finely chopped Dark Chocolate with Orange chocolate bar. Instead of pressing the cookies with the bottom of a sugared glass I used the fork method. I thought that the extra sugar would be too much with the addition of the chocolate.

Charlie sampled both of the treats and loved them. He especially enjoyed the bark - I think he ate 4 pieces. He is a happy hubs tonight.

 

DSC00272

 

Here is a run down of my eats for the day.

AM snack – one of my favorite flavors.

 

DSC00253 DSC00251

 

Lunch was a salad - lettuce, broccoli slaw, red pepper, zucchini, cottage cheese and salsa. I also had Rice Crisps and two pieces of cheesy gluten free toast.

 

DSC00255

 

Lunch ended with a little sweet something – a Cocoa Loco bar.

 

DSC00260

 

As I was getting creative in the kitchen this afternoon I had to stop for a little snack. I topped 3 Corn Thins with cream cheese, cinnamon and apple slices.

 

DSC00274

 

Dinner was another salad concoction. This one contained lettuce, red pepper, artichoke hearts, chicken, hummus, pumpkin and Nut This. It really was a delicious combo of flavors.

 

DSC00277

 

For a simple dessert I had a rice cake topped with almond butter and unsweetened dried cherries and a Corn Thin topped with peanut butter and raisins.

 

DSC00278

 

It is just about time to tuck the little monkey into bed. I hope you had a great start to the week. Enjoy your night.

7 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

HOLY YUM BARK, COOKIES, AND SALAD CONCOCTION!!

Charlie said...

Actually, it was 5 pieces.

Alison said...

Your treats look delicious - do you have a recipe for the chocolate bark?

Also, so sorry about your hamster.

Rose said...

Looks like a good day of baking! D seems happy :)

Anonymous said...

hey do you eat the rice crisps with the cottage cheese , by that i mean do you grab the cottage cheese with the crisps. just curious , sorry if it sounded weird!

Anonymous said...

hey do you eat the rice crisps with the cottage cheese , by that i mean do you grab the cottage cheese with the crisps. just curious , sorry if it sounded weird!

Sammie said...

Anonymous,
Yes I do.