Saturday, April 25, 2009

Borderland with the Girls

Today the weather is stellar – it is in the 80’s!!!!  I took full advantage of the lovely morning and did a nice 8.16 miler before the heat actually hit us.  It was great and I managed to finish in 1 hour and 7 minutes. 

When I got home a made a quick breakfast so that I could pick up my sis and C (my friend that I have know forever) for our hiking adventure.  This morning I made a bowl of stovetop oats again. Of course it was fluffy and delicious. I topped it with some cinnamon and a banana. As always, a great way to start my day.

 

DSC00876 DSC00877

I also had yogurt and pumpkin with more cinnamon.

DSC00875 

I packed up a bunch of food to take along.

zucchini

banana & raw almond butter

Larabar

Raw Revolution Bar

soaked oats (1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt and water)

DSC00878 

I picked up my girls and we headed to Borderland State Park for an amazing trek through the woods. I have been hiking here before but I never ventured in as far as we did today. It was beautiful.  We saw a couple snakes – which I am afraid of. We did a huge loop and by the time we made it back to my truck we were famished. 

We found a nice place on the property to eat our lunch. Borderland was actually a popular place to be today.

DSC00881

After lunch we walked over to the mansion that is there.

 

DSC00885 

We did not get to go inside. I think that they do tours but I have never done one. 

DSC00882 

hike2

My legs felt the fresh air for the first time this year. It was so nice to be out in the sun today. 

 

hike3

The grounds of Borderland are gorgeous. It looks like they are doing some restoration work to the back side of the mansion (that is why that area looks blocked by the orange fencing).

DSC00880

 

We had such a great time. It has been so long since the 3 of us got to hang out together.

Now I am back home with my guys who just had to hit the shower, they were playing in the yard. I am hungry so I must go find a snack. I hope you are having a great Saturday.

4 comments:

polly said...

Sammie, you are ADORABLE in your shorts!! I miss you dear sweet girl. Love hearing about your sunny day, girl we are blessed with sunshine too! Hallelujah!

Hugs and happy night, sweetie. XOXO

Enjoy those 2 boys of yours.

ps. I am determined to get some of those huge dates tonight at Fresh Market. I am brave...

K from ksgoodeats said...

What a gorgeous afternoon!! You can never have too much cinnamon :)

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Sammie,
What a fun girl's day. Your packed picnic lunch sounded perfect to me. If I'm ever up in your neck of the woods, lets go hiking together. :)

Sammie said...

Heather,
That would be so great. I love hiking but don't get to hit the trails as often as I would like.