Monday, April 27, 2009

At Least We Won’t Bake like a Toasted Cheeser

Yes, I got my AC fixed but I had to wait at the dealer for over 2 1/2 hours with my little sidekick.  He was such a trooper. I let him climb all over the cars in the showroom so he was a happy camper.  Charlie let me take along his phone which is one of the fancy ones that has games you can play.  D played a Bubble Popping game for a little while but there was no way that he would find it interesting for the entire time. At one point he tossed the pointer onto one of the chairs because the game was ticking him off. Of course it slipped behind a cushion that was not a removable type. So there I was straddling this chair with my arm stuck in a rather difficult spot trying to retrieve something the size of a toothpick. I touched a few things that made me want to freak but I could see the pointer and I was not willing to give up.  I don’t know how I did it but I managed to get it out.  We then ran to the bathroom so that I could disinfect my hands ASAP.

The bad news – the repair was WAAAAAAAAAY more than I thought it would be.  I was not expecting to spend over $500 today.  I also got an oil change -add that to the bill please.  There is always something that comes up and takes a bite out of your wallet.  At least we won’t bake like a toasted cheeser when it hits 90 degrees tomorrow.  Even if I don’t have any place to go, I going to hang out in my truck parked in the driveway with the AC on – I’m gonna get my money’s worth. 

Would you like to hear about some food, after all this is usually a foodie blog. 

I packed a Cinnamon Larabar to snack on this morning while I was waiting.  Little did I know that I should have packed my lunch too. I did not take a picture because I was running out the door to get to the dealer so that I wouldn’t be there all afternoon – yeah that worked well.

When I finally got home it was after 1:00 and I was ready to chew my arm off. I made a salad – it was yummers. It contained lettuce, shredded coleslaw mix, salsa, hummus and roasted red peppers. I also had 2 rice cakes with melted Swiss cheese and 2 Corn Thins topped with Peanut Butter.

DSC00912 DSC00910

 

There was also some yogurt & cinnamon consumed along with a Cocoa Loco bar – which basically explains how I was feeling. 

 

DSC00911 DSC00914

 

I had to drag my little doobie out and about again.  We really needed to hit Stop & Shop.  It only took us an hour so he was back home with his Star Wars friends in no time. 

I had an apple and a few Cupola Espresso Walnut Cookies for a snack when we got home.

 

DSC00915 DSC00921

 

Dinner was another salad.  It was so good – seriously I could eat this combo every day – wait I think I do.  It contained lettuce, shredded coleslaw mix, red pepper, salsa, pumpkin, hummus and cottage cheese.

 

DSC00929

I also sprinkled a few Cupola Parmesan Pink Peppercorn Clouds on top. They added a little crunch to the mix.  You all should know that my salad only stays this neat long enough for me to take a picture. After I get the snap I mix away – it tastes so much better that way.

 

DSC00925

I also had a gluten free tortilla with the salad.  I did some wrap action and it was delish.  Sorry there really was no pretty way of photographing this guy.

 

DSC00926

For dessert I had the Cupola Chocolate Cashew and Chai Pistachio Cookies.  You can find my full review in my last post. 

 

DSC00931

I am off to call my mommy – she asked me to give her a ring when D was in bed.  I miss her so much.  I hope you have a great night.  See you in the AM. 

By the way – I am loving all your PB favorites and all the comments.  Thanks for participating.  It is nice to see all the new faces (or should I say names).  I will announce the winner tomorrow morning. 

1 comment:

K from ksgoodeats said...

I always feel like mechanics try to nickel and dime you when it comes to cars. Definitely get your money's worth!!

Glad you're liking the Cupolas! They look delicious!