Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Wrap that will NOT Rip

Good evening! I am going to make this a quickie because I would like to Shred with Jillian this evening. 

Here is a recap of my GF and tummy friendly eats for the remainder of my day.

My afternoon snack was plain Greek yogurt, Cinnamon Puffins, a banana and almond butter.

 

HPIM9240

Dinner included one of my new GF tortillas.  Let me tell you these babies will not rip on you no matter how much stuff you load into it.

 

HPIM9244

 

I stuffed mine with lettuce, hummus, red pepper, zucchini and chicken.  On the side I had a few extra zucchini sticks.  The verdict on the wrap/tortilla – its going to have to do :) It was very chewy but didn’t have a bad flavor so I won’t mind eating them.  Hey, I’ll do what I have to do for a happy belly.

 

HPIM9245 

Dessert was Cinnamon Puffins and a tiny bit of Creme Carmel frozen yogurt.  I added some shavings of Cacao Bliss – I needed my chocolate fix and this is all I have in my house that does not contain soy.

 

HPIM9248

 

Tonight I made my first batch of gluten free muffins.  Here are some of the key ingredients.

 

HPIM9249 

They are a bit small and kind of crispy. They remind me of  a biscuit more than a muffin.  I will not give up and GF baking.  I am not going to toss these because I think they will be good with a little topping – I’m sure you all know what I have in mind. 

 

HPIM9254

Here is the recipe if you care to recreate it.

1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Rice Flour

Ener-G egg replacer equal to one egg

2 tbsp Maple Syrup

1 tbsp Canola Oil

2 tsp Baking Powder

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 cup water minus 1 tbsp water

Mix all ingredients well, then divide among a six cup muffin pan that has been lightly greased. I used my Misto olive oil sprayer then wiped eat cup with a paper towel to make sure the cup was fully covered. I can’t use the Pam in my cabinet because it has soy. 

Bake muffins at 425 degrees for 17 minutes, attempt to enjoy :)

I hope you all had a great day. I am fantastic – my belly is feeling amazing.  I will be going to bed with a non gurgling tummy.  See you tomorrow.

7 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Hooray for Puffins and muffins!! :-D

K said...

Way to go on the GF muffins :) The look fantastic - although I do love the "attempt to enjoy" step!

Have a great evening!

Laura said...

I just discovered Puffins a few days ago and I am hooked! They are amazinggg!!

Shannon (The Daily Balance) said...

puffins=pure deliciousness

Great blog!

I just started one of my own, I hope you check it out!

Sarah (lovINmytummy) said...

Bob's Red Mill makes some pretty great GF mixes. TJ's gluten free brownie mix and pancake/baking mixes are pretty tasty too!

Stacey said...

I find that toasting or grilling GF breads, wraps, english muffins makes them much more enjoyable.

Mariposa said...

i recommend Gluten-Free Pantry and Pamela's bread mixes for making your own bread. they are reasonably priced and Pamela's makes possibly the best sandwich bread ever. its perfection!

Puffins are good too!