Monday, March 30, 2009

Tooth Ache

Sorry for the delay in posting.  My hubs had a dentist appointment this morning and I wanted to go just in case he needed  a tooth pulled.  Fortunately he did not (yet anyway) but he does need to have some dental work done.  I was rushing around to get out the door with him this morning so there was no time to post before we left. 

I had a big bowl of oatmeal when I got home from the gym. The famous monstrous mix of 3/4 cup oats cooked with water, a banana and a YoKids raspberry yogurt.  I couldn’t wait to dig in. The half of an Enjoy Life bar that I ate at 4:30 had definitely left the building by this time. 

 

IMG000073

I had a Pure Bar as my AM snack.  This was good but I have actually been enjoying the more nutty and crunchy bars lately. 

 

IMG000070 

Lunch was a salad – broccoli slaw, red, yellow & orange peppers, salsa and hummus.

 

IMG000074

I also melted a piece of provolone cheese on gluten free bread.  On the side I had some Rice Crisps and a goofy husband. 

 

IMG000075

I ended lunch with another Better Whey yogurt – my lunch could use a little more protein.  This was the Acai Mixed Berry flavor.  It was quite tangy but not overly so.  I love the texture of this yogurt.  I am curious to see if the extra protein (15 grams) makes a difference as to when I will get hungry again.  I usually need a snack around 3 sometimes earlier.  I am so glad that to have the opportunity to try such a unique product. 

 

IMG000076

We are having another cruddy day – rain, rain go away.  I want to see the sun.  I hope you are having a great Monday.  See you later.

4 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Eeek, sorry about your husband's tooth!!

HOORAY FOR PURE BARS!! :-)

Hang in there with the cruddy day - hope you can still enjoy!!

K said...

Ew to the dentist :( I hate going there!

You and the hubs are very cute!!

Anonymous said...

Love your Web cam..You and your husband are very cute :)
Sorry he has to have Dental work..hope it goes well..

Your food alway's look's so good!!

Sandy

Getting Fit and Happy said...

Great that the tooth didn't need to be pulled...yet!

Your morning oats look sooooo goood!!!