Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sweet Like Pie

Well I this afternoon went rather well.  I was able to take the kiddies outside – of course I was freezing, it was only 50 degrees. (Ok, I am back now – I know you had no idea I was gone. I am flying solo this evening and I was just summoned upstairs.  D is having a tough time falling asleep and I have no idea why. He actually nodded off for about 10 minutes on the drive home from my sis’s house this evening so I know he is beat. Hopefully that is the last time my presence is needed – I have already been up and down the stairs a dozen times.) Anyway, the 5 of us played on Mackenzie & Rocco’s tire swing. The boys pretended it was their Star Wars ship. Yes, they are a bit obsessed with Star Wars these days.  The kids plated so well together which made my job extremely easy. 

My lunch held me over pretty well and I didn’t need to break into my snack as early as I thought. I packed a YoKids yogurt and a Nature’s Promise Trail Mix bar for a snack which I ate at 3:30 (give or take a few minutes). 

 

HPIM9501

 

I made it home around 5:30 and my tummy was absolutely ready for some dinner.  Thankfully I was able to whip up a quickie for the D man and myself.  I popped a sweet potato in the microwave and cooked it until it was super soft.  I stuffed it with 1/2 a cup cottage cheese, cinnamon and a Nature’s Promise Organic Granola Honey Roasted Snack bar. The snack bar contained oats, honey, raisins, almonds (I swear there was only one present) and crisp brown rice. Hooray for another great wheat free bar.  It was delicious and my potato concoction was sweet like pie. 

 

HPIM9503 

I also had a side of pepper and zucchini sticks that I drizzled with a little Maple Grove Farms dressing.

 

HPIM9504

 

For dessert I had 2 rice cakes with PB and chopped dates.  Sweet and simple. 

 

 

HPIM9505 

So far so good – he must be in la-la land now. I was thinking about reading tonight but I have very little confidence that I will last long.  My hubs will probably get home very late so I am not waiting up.  I am sure he will wake me up when he comes in – I am a VERY LIGHT sleeper. 

I hope you all had a great day.  See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

So glad that you had a good afternoon; and hooray for that tantalizing....



SWEET POTATO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah (lovINmytummy) said...

Hope D stays in bed. We used to have that issue with GG until we nixed naps. Now she's ready for bed at 8 and Livy's our night owl. There's no way she's giving up naps, though. NO WAY.

K said...

That sweet potato is stuffed with SO many delicious things I can't get over it! YUM!!

biz319 said...

I remember those days vividly, and that was more than 15 years ago!

Mom, can I have just one more drink of water?