Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Squash Dinner & Squash Dessert

I spent the rest of my day coloring and playing with stickers.  I am not complaining – arts & crafts is one of my favorite past times.  I even have “mommy” coloring books.  Don’t laugh, it is very relaxing to just chill out and color. 

I made myself a little snack (I always need an afternoon snack). Today it was greek yogurt and TJ’s gluten free granola. I also ended up eating a plum so I could keep my cool through dinner preparation. 

HPIM9481

 

For dinner I ended up eating half of a huge acorn squash filled with 1/2 a cup of cottage cheese and dredged in cinnamon.  This guy was the SWEETEST and CREAMIEST acorn squash I have ever had.  Look at the golden brown sides – it tasted like caramel.  I enjoyed every single bite. 

 

HPIM9483 

I was going to save the other half but I could not help myself – it was that good. So for dessert I ate the other half with a little coconut butter and almond butter.  I am sad it is all gone :(   I must go get another because this meal was extremely tummy friendly. 

 

HPIM9489

My little man requested ice cream for his dessert but we are all out. Lucky for him we live very close to an ice cream parlor. My guys and I went out for a nice stroll and they had themselves some ice cream.  It was a really nice evening to get out and enjoy some fresh air. 

When we got home it was already 7:30 – oops, past D’s bed time.  Oh well, he had a nice treat with mommy and daddy tonight. He went to bed so good and now he is off in happy dream land. 

I spent a little time with my sweetest friend Polly this evening.  Unfortunately not in person – I wish I lived closer to you Polly.  I did 4 of her AWESOME yoga videos – Hips 1, Hips 2, Arms and Core.  I could seriously listen to you talk all day girlfriend – your voice is sooooo soothing.

Now my muscles feel good and stretched and I am ready to get some sleep.  I hope you all had a great day.  See you tomorrow. 

4 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Holy yum creaminess; and hooray for Polly!! :-D

Simple and Divine said...

I LOVE everything about this post. Espesh the lil tidbit about the coloring bc it is SO true. Love.

And that granola looks gorgeous. As does that acorn. Are you sure it wasn't a Buttercup or Kombucha?! They look similar to Acorns but literally taste like CARAMEL HEAVEN. Happy happy :)

Love and Light to you, always.

Sammie said...

Julz,
It could have been. I bought it at Trader Joe's and removed the sticker as soon as I got home. I will have to make a point to try out a Butter Cup or Kombucha, especially if they are as good as this one.

erinbee said...

theres nothing wrong with a little coloring action here and there. :]