Monday, March 9, 2009

Shred

My hubs has expressed some interest in getting back into working out. He doesn’t want to join a gym or spend a lot of money so I suggested he try Turbo Jam (I have the DVD’s) and Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred. Recently I have been seeing a lot of talk about her DVD – go check out Caitlin’s blog. Seeing as it is a quick yet effective workout I thought that it would be right up his alley.  On Saturday I bought the DVD while we were at Border’s – can’t beat a $15 dollar workout video.  Since I suggested it to him without even trying it myself I felt that I should at least give it a go.  This morning I went to the gym for my run – it was raining outside and now SNOWING.  My new sneakers carried me through a great hour run (7.32 miles). 

 

HPIM8986

When I got home I popped in the disk and tried the level 1 workout.  It was GREAT!!  I lift weights every week and still felt the effects of this workout.  My arms were shaking in the shower when I was trying to wash my hair.  I really hope that my hubs can make some use of this – hey, I know that I will.

 

HPIM8988

I made another Yo Baby scrumptious bowl of oatmeal.  Today the fruit inside the bowl was a chopped apple to go along with the apple flavored Yo Baby yogurt. 

HPIM8982

The yogurt has a cinnamon swirl which really made this breakfast divine – you know my love of cinnamon. 

Like I said it is snowing outside – HUGE flakes too.  I think we are in the 1 to 3 inch band so not a ton of accumulation.  The crazy thing is, yesterday it was like 60 degrees.  We got to see the grass and pavement for the weekend and now it is all going to be covered again.

I am not really sure what D and I will be doing on this oh so lovely Monday. I hope you have a great one.

5 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Glad you liked the DVD!!

Hang in there with the weather!!

Rose said...

Love the color of your new sneakers. Brooks, right?

Sammie said...

Rose,
They are actually Mizuno. Which just happens to be my favorite brand of running sneaker.

HeatherBakes said...

Great job on the run! And now I want to try that DVD. Might be making a Border's trip today...

I replied to your question about Chloe, but I'll tell you here too :) It just turned out to be some kind of inflammation- nothing serious and not anything that would come back. I think pugs just have weird skin issues sometimes. I hope Ocho is okay!!

K said...

I love those shoes! Pink and orange are two of my favorite colors!

Cinnamon swirl in yogurt? I may have to pick up some of those :)