Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Over Poached

This morning I really had a craving for poached eggs which is strange because I am usually not a fan of a soft yolk.  I have a poacher insert that looks similar to this one.  It has been in my stash of kitchen junk for years and I have probably used it twice. I have tried the boiling water and vinegar trick before and wasn’t very unsuccessful.

Unfortunately I over poached my eggs today using the little insert pan. I really need a lesson on egg poaching. If anyone has some tips please let me know.  Even though the yolks were not runny, the eggs were still very soft and quite delicious.  I ate them on a toasted whole wheat English muffin.

 

HPIM8845

On the side I had a sweet golden delicious apple.

 

HPIM8843

The sun is shining today – I hope some melting action takes place.  We were left with a massive amount of snow yesterday.  I am really keeping my fingers crossed that this was the last storm of the season.  I am sure that I am not the only one. 

I hope you have a great day.

3 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Looks like 2 little domes on top of your English muffin :-D


Enjoy the sunshine!! Let's hope the snow DOES melt.

ksgoodeats said...

Yum that breakfast looks delish - over poached or not!!

Only two weeks until Spring is officially here :D

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Sammie, I love poached eggs, but have no idea how to make them. I always just end up making an omelet or scramble. :)

Spring, it's coming...I promise!