Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Organization Makes this Mommy Happy

This afternoon I tackled a bunch of things that I have been needing to do – dust bunnies included. I swear I can dust and then 30 minutes later there is dust right back on the surfaces that I just cleaned – ugh!!!  That is one of the downsides of living in a 100 year old house.  Of course I did the usual dishes, laundry and vacuuming.  I also went through a bunch of books and stuff (clutter) that was on one of our book cases.  If D hasn’t touched it in months then it was time to say goodbye to it.  The shelves look so nice and tidy – I bet it lasts a day.

HPIM9053

After 2 hours of housework I was in much need of a snack.  I mixed up a little yogurt concoction which really hit the spot.  I topped 1/2 a cup Greek yogurt with a some Cinnamon Puffins, TJ’s High Fiber Twigs, an apple, lots of cinnamon and sunflower seed butter.

 

HPIM9039 

Dinner tonight was another salad with lots of my favorite flavors.  In the mix – lettuce, red pepper, zucchini, pumpkin, hummus and chicken.  I had a pita with it and had myself a grand old time with this pile of goodness. 

 

HPIM9044

 

For dessert I layered strawberry yogurt with Cinnamon Puffins, then topped it with a few TJ’s Twigs and Cacao Bliss. I guess it is a kind of parfait type dessert.  Call it whatever you want – I’m calling it delish! 

 

HPIM9049

Time to get the little monster in bed.  He and daddy have their heads in a Lego Star Wars video game again – they are addicted.  It is actually a very cute game and quite age appropriate.

By the way, I registered for the St. Patrick’s Day 10k Road Race on-line tonight. So I guess it is official and I am excited!!!! My hubs and D will be there as my pep squad. Thanks for all the race advice.  If anyone else has anything to add I am totally willing to hear some more tips. You guys are the best. 

Enjoy your night.

5 comments:

K said...

GOOD LUCK GOOD LUCK GOOD LUCK!! You're a running machine!

Sarah (lovINmytummy) said...

You are going to rock that race, I know it. You are so fast on a normal day, wait until you get that race adrenaline pumping. Be ready to place, woman!

Necla said...

Nice blog

Another Life Another Planet ©

seesaraheat said...

I love 10k's and I agree with the other Sarah, you are going to rock!

Slow and steady is my mantra, I want to finish strong, not burn out and crawl across the finish line. I usually start at a slow jog and then gradually increase every mile (if I can). Rest the day before too :)

Sammie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.