Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My Little Irish Man

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!! Are you all decked out in green?  There are no green food pictures so I thought that I would jazz up the post with a few happy pictures of my little Irish man. I really don’t think you can get any more of an Irish name as Declan O’Toole. 

irish1

irish2

He was my lucky charm at the race on Sunday :)

For breakfast this morning I made a little figgy pudding, oatmeal style. 

HPIM9203

I cooked 1/2 a cup oatmeal with water, then I stirred in cottage cheese (about 1/4 cup) and cinnamon.  I drizzled on 1/2 a cup vanilla yogurt and then added 3 chopped figs.  It was sweet and creamy.  I just love figs!!! 

 

HPIM9199 

Even though we are an Irish family there will not be any corned beef and cabbage here today – none of us are fans of it.  I will have to think of another way to celebrate.

Are you doing anything special today?  Enjoy your day. 

8 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

I'm wearing the green bracelet that I wore in my recent video post - that's as green as I get, since I only wear black/white/gray with a splash of color :-D

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!

greendogwine said...

he's just too sweet!

love the figs!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Figs - yum. Corn beef and cabbage - I find this one yummy too, but I can't stand the smell! Ugh!

Your Cute Little Irish Man :)

Happy St. Patrick's Day Sammie!

K said...

He's adorable!! I'm not sporting my green yet but I will be :)

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

HeatherBakes said...

He has the sweetest little face!

Not doing anything particularly special today. We did most of our celebrating on Saturday.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Haleigh said...

D is just too cute! I am not doing much for St. Patrick's Day since my wedding anniversary is tomorrow, but in the past I would just wear green and sometimes go to an Irish restaurant or pub! Have a fantastic day!

fitforfree said...

D is SO CUTE — love the pics!

Laura said...

oatmeal looks great! I have never tried figs like that before but you have def inspired me! :)

Happy St. Patricks Day!