Sunday, March 1, 2009

My Family Unit

Yesterday my family unit was whole again.  In the wee hours of Saturday morning my hubs returned from a trip he had to take to Kansas.  When I woke up I was so happy to see that he made it back home safely.  I snuck out to get in a run before we had to bring D to karate.  I did a glorious 9 mile run in 1 hour and 15 minutes.

I had to shower and make a super fast breakfast so that we could head out.  I had a whole wheat English muffin with PB, a banana and

HPIM8763

1/4 cup cottage cheese & cinnamon.

 

HPIM8766

After karate we always go to Border’s for a little snack and to browse(sometimes we buy stuff). Rocco asked if he could come with us for some extra time with D.  I took along a Luna bar for my snack and I also had a small black decaf coffee. D had a cinnamon roll and vanilla milk while Rocco enjoyed a little hot cocoa.  My sissy gave me some snacks to take for him as he eats a gluten free diet.  She said the hot cocoa was ok for him to have but none of the food.  He didn’t seem to care one bit that he couldn’t have what D was eating – I think he is used to eating wheat free stuff and knows how much better he feels doing so.  The boys enjoyed themselves.

 

HPIM8765

When we finally made it home it was lunch time.  I reheated some leftover pizza using the pizza stone.  I added a teeny  bit of shredded cheese since I had ordered it without the other night.

 

HPIM8771

I also threw together a bowl of veggies – artichoke hearts, cannellini beans and canned diced tomatoes.  I put a dollop of Greek yogurt on top along with some Italian seasoning.

 

HPIM8768

I ended lunch with a sweet Jocalat Larabar. 

 

HPIM8772

After lunch I cleaned my house for 3 HOURS.  I cleaned ALL the floors – the bathroom was done on my hands and knees.  I also scrubbed my entire bathroom which just happens to be my favorite room to clean.  I also tackled some laundry.  The house had that great freshly cleaned smell.  After all my hard work I needed a snack. I mixed together a little mini “mess” – 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, a few tbsp TJ’s High Fiber Twigs, a TJ’s Fig Bar and 1/2 a tbsp almond butter.

 

HPIM8774

We all went to the grocery store – my honey didn’t want to be away from me.  While we were there we decided that a great dinner would be some yummy sandwiches made with a Whole Wheat Hearth bread they had for sale.  I know shame on me – I could have made one but this was much faster. 

My sandwich contained Boar’s Head Oven Gold Turkey, Swiss cheese, mustard, lettuce, tomato and dill pickle slices. On the side I had veggie sticks and hummus.

 

HPIM8775 HPIM8776

 

The sandwich was so thick I didn’t know if I could get my mouth around it.

 

sammie1

Yeah, I attacked it without a problem.  It was sooooo delicious. 

 

sammie2

For dessert we all had something frosty. I had 2 scoops of Stoneyfield Farms Frozen Yogurt - Creme Caramel and Cookies,n Dream.

 

HPIM8780 

After dinner we all played a round of Candy Land and Chutes and Ladders. 

This morning I decided to head to the gym as they were predicting some snow.  Before I left I had an English muffin with 1/2 a tbsp PB and a banana.

 

HPIM8786

I did a 4 mile run, 5.75 mile Stationary Bike ride, then an additional 3 mile run and some weights.  I totally think that I could handle a Duathlon.  Now if the snow would stop I might be able to compete in one. 

When I got home I had a Clif bar.

 

HPIM8788

After showering I had to run out to get some whole wheat flour for a little baking experiment me and my guys are going to do this afternoon (I ended up not needing it but at least now I have some). When I got home it was lunch time.  I made a Flat-Out wrap with hummus, lettuce, red pepper and zucchini. 

 

HPIM8789 

Some more veg – this is a frozen blend I found at Whole Foods.

HPIM8792 

More protein – 1/2 cup cottage cheese topped with a Kashi Cherry Dark Chocolate granola bar.

 

HPIM8791

A little lunch dessert – an organic Butter Toffee Crunch bar.  I love the little crunchy toffee bits and because it is organic I don’t have to worry about evil demons popping up on my face.

 

HPIM8794 

Wow that was a long one – that’s what I get for taking a day off.  I am off to make some pretzels with my guys.  We are about to get buried under a foot or more of snow (oh when will it end). Just when I could see the pavement, we get hit with more of the dreaded white stuff.  Enjoy the rest of your day.

4 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Hooray for a little gluten-freer!! :-D


Mmm, love the smiley-face breakfast, pizza, vegetable/bean bowl, big-ass sandwich, ice cream.... delish!!


Have fun making pretzels!!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Homemade pretzels? How fun. Lovely eats Sammie, as always. I love your bowls & plates of veggies - always so colorful.

Happy Sunday.
PS - lovin the haircut!

makenna said...

sammie you are such a fantastic runner! A casual 9 miler in 1:15! -- you should sign up for some half marathon races or something! Have you ever thought about competing? I've never read any posts from you about races. Or are you just not into that?

Sammie said...

Thanks Heather.It is so easy - perfect mommy haircut.

Makenna,
I really do want to start racing. I am just waiting for the warmer weather or at least for clear surfaces to run on. Living in MA is kind of a bummer if you want to race in the winter.