Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Made to Last

Happy Wednesday! Another morning has come and gone in a flash. I took my sidekick to the gym for our weekly babysitting session. The kiddies were all great and there were LOTS of them.  I find that if the room is really full they can get out of hand but today they all remained tame. 

I was up early to get in my workout. Before I left I had a rice cake and strawberry preserves – get a little sugar running through my body. 

At the gym I did a 7.35 mile run and some weights – of course it was great. The only way it could have been better was if I was able to do the run outside. Seeing as it is still dark at 5AM when I am ready to run I am keeping it indoors. On the weekends it is much easier for me because I tend to head out a tad bit later (but not much).

 

HPIM9466

For breakfast today I was determined to make something that would last.  I have a super fast metabolism and tend to need to eat every 3 hours (sometimes less depending on the day).  When I am in the kid’s room I can’t eat and end up leaving with my stomach gnawing at itself.  I have to eat my breakfast earlier on Wednesday’s so everything gets all mixed up.

This morning I made a bowl of oats sooooo big that my belly was full, full, full when I was done.  I cooked 3/4 cup oatmeal with 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1/2 a cup water and 2 tablespoons Hemp protein powder.  When it was finished cooking I added a banana. I went with the more rustic look today and just broke the banana into chunks with my fingers (they were clean). 

It did a good job staying with me but at 11:30 I was ready for lunch.  I am not sure that I can actually stomach enough food to last me till lunch time or should I say noon.  Lunch time is different for everyone.  I am just going to have to accept that my body needs an AM snack or just eat lunch a little earlier. 

 

HPIM9472

My lunch was a gluten free tortilla topped with lettuce, red peppers and left over salmon salad.

 

HPIM9473

I also had some TJ’s Rice Crisps.

 

HPIM9479

And I also had a delicious Jocalat Bar.  I have become seriously addicted to Larabars since my gluten free diet started.  I could eat a Larabar 3 times a day.  They are yummy, gluten free, no sugar added, contain protein, healthy and soy free. I don’t think there is a better bar out there that is suited for my diet. 

 

HPIM9475 

So that is all for now. The sun is shining but it is cold out so I am not sure what me and my sweet tart are doing for the rest of the day. 

Have a great one.

5 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Oooh, love that big-ass bowl of oats!!

Yep, I used to eat Larabars everyday - but now I eat PURE BARS everyday :-)


Enjoy the rest of your Wednesday!!

Danielle said...

Great look eats!
And Happy Wednesday to you too!

Michelle said...

Hi Sammie,
Long time "lurker"--I love your blog. We share a few things in common (29, running, working out, eating), and it was nice to read that I'm not the only one that needs to eat every 2.5 hours! I don't know how people go from breakfast to lunch, then lunch to dinner without eating--I feel like I'm always hungry--and my stomach tells me that almost exactly 2.5 hours after the last time I ate. It's sorta weird. Thanks for such an interesting blog!
Michelle

hk said...

i'm the same way, snacks are a must in between meals...one in the a.m, one in the p.m- gotta keep my engine running~~ you too :)

ksgoodeats said...

I'm the same way - every 2-3 hours I have to eat! I've been pushing it lately not having a morning snack but sometime I just have to have it!

Hope you have a great evening!!