Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Little Family Time

Happy Saturday!! I hope your day has been enjoyable.

I started my day super early – I know what a shocker. Even on Saturday my body still seems to want to be awake at 4:30. I ventured out for a 10.1 mile run which took me 1 hour and 22 minutes. I ate 4 dates (3 stuffed with almonds) before my run.

When I got back I had whipped out the Vita-Mix and made a protein smoothie. I used 1 cup Almond milk, 4 tbsp Hemp Protein and 1/2 a cup frozen mixed berries.

HPIM9320

After a speedy shower – this morning was a karate day for D – I packed some food for the road. I ate the Larabar at D’s class, the gluten free Blondie for an AM snack, the sandwich (swiss & red pepper on GF bread) and the Sunbutter Crunch bar for lunch.

HPIM9322

This afternoon we had a nice family gathering at Nana’s house. My cousin just moved back from Arizona. I haven’t seen her or her little son for almost 2 years. He is soooooo adorable.

torrin1

Everyone had a blast hanging outside. It was a bit chilly but since the sun was shining it wasn’t that bad.

The dynamic duo had a grand time playing together too. Rocco & D = BBF.

play

Uncle Charlie entertained the kiddos – he is really good at that. They love that he is a big goof.

charlie

We headed home at the perfect time because my tummy was talking. I had cottage cheese and TJ’s GF granola.

HPIM9345

A little while later hunger struck again but dinner was still a little ways away so I ate an apple.

HPIM9348

Dinner was super simple – leftover chicken, salsa and lettuce on a GF Tortilla. Peeking out in the background is a small bowl of pumpkin with cinnamon which I also ate with as part of my dinner.

HPIM9352

The plan for this evening – movie night. Now if we could only decide what movie we want to watch. My guys are playing some Lego Star Wars on the Wii right now but soon it will be night – night time for my karate kid. I am pretty sure he pooped himself out today.

Oh yeah, even the animals joined in the family fun today. My Nana’s hens were thrilled to get their exercise.

HPIM9343

And Ocho – all decked out in her fancy coat – got some loving too. She is the sweetest little peanut.

HPIM9341

I’ll see you tomorrow. Have a great night.

3 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Hooray for the blondie snack!! Haha ;-)

What a fun afternoon at Nana's!!

Love Ocho :-)

Enjoy the rest of your night!!

MizFit said...

love the family time..and Im now wondering if I need :) to get my Toddler a tricycle!

ksgoodeats said...

Aw, what a great day!! Cute doggies :)

Hope you have a fabulous Sunday as well!