Monday, March 16, 2009

Let’s Get Some Fresh Air

This afternoon I took D to a little playground at an elementary school just up the street from our house.

d

The playground really isn’t anything fancy – we usually go to a much nicer one.  Since it was later in the day I didn’t want to venture too far from the house.

 

d2 

He has always loved the steering wheels at the park.

 

d3

 

It was nice to get outside and enjoy the fresh air.

 

d4

I tried to teach him how to pump his legs to swing but he wasn’t into it.

 

d5

Instead he kept asking mommy for a push.

 

d6

We started to get chilly so we headed home. I am so looking forward to the warm weather – please come soon.

So here is the run down of the rest of my eats for the day.

AM snack – a Larabar that reminded me of a brownie, mmmmmm. Thank you Larabar for being soy free.

HPIM9174 

Lunch was a hummus, swiss and red pepper sandwich on Ezekiel bread which I was informed by the lovely Miss VeggieGirl contains soy.  I swear I read every label at both TJ’s and Stop & Shop except this one. I am so glad that I was chatting with her via e-mail because I would have kept eating it.  I got a horrible stomach ache after lunch and was trying to figure out what the heck I ate that could have been the culprit.  Yes, I do believe it was the soy in the bread.  I will no longer be eating this bread.  Thanks VeggieGirl. 

 

HPIM9177

Along with my soywich I had a simple salad – it really was simple – lettuce, summer squash and Maple Grove Farms dressing.

 

HPIM9175

 

Since there will no longer be any Z Bars in my life I had to get crafty for a sweet treat.  At TJ’s I picked up some dried fruit and raw cashews for some snack options.  This little treat was one prune, one fig, one apricot, raisins, raw cashews and 2 dark chocolate w/orange squares. It was delish!!   

 

HPIM9176

My afternoon snack was a chopped golden delicious apple, a little more than a 1/4 cup Greek yogurt (the last of the container), 1/3 cup Cinnamon Puffins and a little less than a tbsp PB. 

 

HPIM9182

 

Dinner was a random mess but everything tasted good. I had an egg & red pepper sandwich on a mini whole wheat pita and a sweet potato.

 

HPIM9193

I needed a little more to my meal so I slammed back this guy – I love these things – thankfully they are soy free.

 

HPIM9196

For dessert tonight I had 3/4 cup Cinnamon Puffins and 1/2 cup Stoneyfield Farms Creme Caramel frozen yogurt. 

 

HPIM9197

My belly feels good, I think the soy has already been digested – thank goodness for a super speedy metabolism.  I will have to be super careful with everything that I buy. It took no time at all to upset my stomach.  That just proves to me how super sensitive I am to soy.  I can’t believe how much I used to eat it and then have to deal with an upset stomach for the rest of the day.  I would have a Luna bar in the AM, a Z Bar in the afternoon and then I am sure some other soy infested product another time in the late afternoon or PM.  My poor tummy never got a rest.  At least I was able to figure out what the source of the issue was in a short period of time. As much as I love the taste of my favorite bars I will never go back to eating them again - my belly comes before my tastebuds. 

It is just about time to get my little man into bed.  I hope you all have a great night.  See you tomorrow. 

6 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Aww little D :-)


Glad that I could help!! Never hesitate to email me - keep 'em coming!! :-)


Hope you feel 100% better!!

Erica said...

The park looks like fun! It feels awesome to get fresh air...I enjoyed it so much on my run today. Glad you found out about the bread! I can't believe it contains soy!

K said...

Fun day at the park!! Glad you're figuring out what works and what doesn't in terms of the stomach problems!

Haleigh said...

Aww, those photos of D playing are just precious! And.. a brownie in the form of a larabar? Sounds delicious!

Katie said...

I've never thought about putting summer squash on salad. Great idea!

Meghann said...

What a beautiful day at the park with little D! :)