Friday, March 20, 2009

Itzy’s in My Kitchen

and she gets a big thumbs up from the D man. You know how picky my kid is so it must be delicious.

HPIM9296

I received the Chocolate Sweet Bread that I won from Erica this morning. It was on my doorstep when I was leaving to go clean.

Please don’t be mad Erica but I might have to freeze a slice and try it later because I am almost positive you made it with wheat flour :( At least my guys will be enjoying the glorious loaf. It sure does smell yum!! I am just a bit nervous to try to add wheat back in after having so many good tummy days. I loved the note – you are such a sweetie.

HPIM9293

The rest of the day has been a typical crazy Friday. The days that I clean tend to always end up that way.

My AM snack was an awesome Sunbutter Crunch bar – these things are my favorite GF purchase yet.

HPIM9289

I cleaned for over 2 hours and D hung out with his Grandpa. They always have a blast together and I think they wear each other out. D ended up falling asleep in the car on the way to TJ’s. Usually the drive is not that long but the store near my sister-in-law’s house was closed due to an electrical fire in the store this morning. I ended up heading to the one that is about 30 minutes away.

I snacked on 2 pieces of string cheese and an apple.

HPIM9288

Unfortunately TJ’s did not have as many GF options for me as I thought. A lot of things contained soy flour. I did purchase a GF granola, Larabars (Apple Pie & Cherry Pie), Pure Bars, Rice Crisps and Mini Meringue Cookies (D was excited about those too).

HPIM9300

When I got home it was sooooo late and I was famished. I had some Greek yogurt topped with some of the TJ’s GF granola. It is so crunchy and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the maple flavor.

HPIM9304

I also had a rice cake and hummus.

HPIM9305

That’s my day so far. My house is in need of some loving so I am going to go spread some around and hope that I don’t pass out. I am sure that second wind of mine will bust out any moment.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

7 comments:

Meghann said...

I thought Erica made it sans wheat flour just for you? I'm pretty sure she posted the recipe.

It's such a shame if you won't be able to eat it. :(

Sammie said...

Meghann,
I know it is killing me not to just take a bite but I know how bad my stamch will feel.

Sarah (lovINmytummy) said...

I totally forgot about no soy flour too. Gosh, I'm sorry.

Those mini meringues are pretty great, though. We use 'em in place of mini marshmellows, in cocoa, or just in a trail mix with almonds and chocolate. Rocky road!

VeggieGirl said...

Ahh so sorry about the wheat flour :-(

ksgoodeats said...

Aw, man :( Glad D likes it - it looks delicious!

That granola looks like a really good find! What's in it?

Sammie said...

K,
The granola has dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, almonds, sesame seeds, pecans, honey, cane sugar, honey, canola oil, natural vanilla flavor and natural maple flavor. It is really good.

Erica said...

Hey! Such a cute post! Thank you so much to both Charlie and D for the great reviews- you guys are too much! I made it with all purpose flour (But I don't think you can eat that either??) No biggie- hope you can enjoy it soon! I feel so much love from your fam that I can't stop smiling ;)