Friday, March 27, 2009

Icky Photos

Well for some reason this morning my camera decided to stop working.  Good thing I started to play around with the web camera because that is what I have to resort to in order to share my eats with you.  The pictures are rather icky but I guess it is better than nothing. 

Before heading out to the grocery stores (yes we went to 2 – Trader Joe’s and then Stop & Shop), I had an Organic Cranberry Delight bar.  I found this bar at Hannaford. It is gluten, soy and dairy free AND delicious.

 

IMG000015

It took us a few hours to get all the shopping done and I still forgot a few things – oops!  When I got home it was immediately time for lunch. I made a big salad – lettuce, broccoli slaw, red, orange and yellow peppers, a hard boiled egg and salsa.  I also had a Swiss sandwich on gluten free bread and some Rice Crisps.  My eyes were not bigger than my stomach – I polished this plate of goodness off without any trouble. 

 

IMG000029

 

I finally broke down and bought a container of Medjool dates at Trader Joe’s.

 

IMG000032

For a little sweet ending to lunch I stuffed 2 dates with some peanut butter.  Thankfully I decided to do that because I was unaware that these beasts come with the pit still in them.  Yeah that would have been a tooth cracker.  I liked that the Medjool dates are super creamy but not too sweet.  The size of one is very impressive compared to the ones I have that come in the pouch.  One Medjool date is the size of my thumb. I am glad that I decided to give them a try.  I know that Charlie will like them too. 

 

IMG000031

 

Are you sick of seeing my mug yet?  There is still more to come unless my camera decides to stop taking black pictures.

I hope you are enjoying your day. 

6 comments:

FoodsThatFit said...

I bought those same dates from TJ's, but they were a little mushy, but tasted great cooked into oats :)

Charlie said...

I like your mug. And your can, too!

VeggieGirl said...

Haha you're so fun in your photos :-D

I just got home from Trader Joe's!!

Shannon (The Daily Balance) said...

I MUST TRY Medjool dates!!!!

look so tasty ;)

ksgoodeats said...

Sammie, you are so cute! I love the posed pictures!!

carolinebee said...

such cute pics!! I love your short hair and hoops! I have long hair but still totally rock the hoops :D