Thursday, March 12, 2009

I was Craving ….

Avocado, so I went to Whole Foods before my sis arrived and bought a couple.  I like avocado but never have I really had such a taste for it as I did today.  I picked up some more oat bran too – you know what I will be having for breakfast in the morning. 

After my little rendezvous to the always gorgeous Whole Foods, I needed a little snack.  I had a Nature’s Promise PB Honey Roasted Snack Bar.  I really like the NP bars – good texture and flavor.

 

HPIM9060

Our visitors arrived just shortly after we got home – thank goodness because D was getting antsy.  Rocco’s masterful chop was not as bad as I thought it would be.  Yeah it’s short but he doesn’t look ridiculous.  I told him that I love his haircut and he said “thanks, I did it myself”.  My sis told me last night when she was tucking him into bed he said “I think I’ll cut my hair again tomorrow”.  He is waaaay too stinking cute. 

It was nice to have lunch with my sister since I usually eat solo or take bites while tending to my little man.  He was off having a blast with “his Roc” – that is what he calls Rocco.  No worries, he interrupted me a million times and my lunch was eaten over the course of an hour and a half. 

Lunch included a few things that I picked up at the store today.  One was a pack of Rudy’s Honey Sweet Wheat Organic Bagels.  Each one has 130 calories, 1.5 grams of fat, 240 mg of sodium, 28 grams of carbs, 5 grams of fiber and 6 grams of protein.  They are not the giant kind and I rather prefer them on the smaller side. I topped one with Maple Gate Farms Roasted Turkey (another WF purchase), red pepper and Swiss cheese.  On the side I had a few slices of creamy and delicious avocado. 

 

HPIM9068

I had a bright and beautiful bowl of strawberries (D did too – good little doobie).

 

HPIM9065 

Finally lunch ended with some heat and sweet.  I always like to eat my Z Bars with a warm cup of tea.  It warms my belly and satisfies my sweet tooth.

 

HPIM9066

After my sis & Rocco left, D and I went to the library.  I wanted to look for a book to read.  We ended up playing while we were there which was much longer than I had planned – oh well, we had fun. 

When we got home I made a snack –  Greek yogurt, Cinnamon Puffins and PB.

 

HPIM9072

My in-law’s were planning on stopping by tonight so I made a fast and furious dinner – sliced apple, English muffin with avocado and a 1 egg + 2 egg whites and shredded zucchini omelet. 

 

HPIM9073

 

A few hours later it was time for dessert/snack time.  I recreated last nights masterpiece only tonight I used vanilla yogurt instead of strawberry and added a little shaved raw coconut butter too.  It was yum, yum, yummers. 

 

HPIM9075 

I am hoping to get to bed early – my heated blanket is already on.  I will most likely do a little reading before lights out.  I hope you had a great day.  Enjoy your night. 

5 comments:

DrMom said...

Your meals are such an inspiration! Thanks so much for taking the time to post them. I love the "mess" treats you make and have made many for myself. You are making the right choice by staying home with your son. I raised 4 children and am so thankful for the time I spent with them! Good luck with the run.

Sammie said...

Thanks DrMom. I know that I will never regret staying home with D even though some days are tough. I just remind myself how lucky I am to be able to spend so much time with him because it doesn't last forever. I am glad that you enjoy my blog. I try to have some sort of variety in my meals but time isn't always on my side. Thanks for commenting, I love to see new readers.

VeggieGirl said...

Oh my, I haven't had an avocado since summer!! I'm missing it!!

Lauren said...

I could eat an avocado every day :)

K said...

Rudy's bagels are SO good!! Glad the hair cut wasn't too bad ;)