Sunday, March 29, 2009

I Survived

The Bridal Shower I had to attend today was not too bad. The bride-to-be ripped through the wrapping like a champ so it didn’t drag that bad. The best part of going was being able to see my niece. I think she was wishing that she didn’t go even more than me – she was sooooo bored. 

Here is a quick recap of the eats for the day.  I am still without a camera and I will not be getting the new one until Wednesday.  Until then you will just have to see lots of me. 

Breakfast was a big bowl of oatmeal (3/4 cup cooked with water), a banana, 0% plain Greek yogurt and lots of cinnamon. Yes I am a sweat ball in this photo. I needed to eat as soon as I got home.  I made a trip into Stop & Shop after the gym and I was STARVING by the time I was done. 

 

IMG000058

I ate an early lunch since I was going to the shower.  I had gluten free bread with red pepper and melted provolone cheese, a hard boiled egg, Nut Thin Crackers, zucchini, more red pepper and hummus.

 

IMG000061

 

I also had a Coco Loco Enjoy Life bar. 

 

IMG000060

 

I packed this yummy granola bar for an afternoon snack.  I ate it when I left the bridal shower.  It was really good – I will definitely have to get more of this brand. It is actually from Hannaford’s organic line of products.

 

 IMG000059

 

For dinner I baked an acorn squash and then filled it with cottage cheese, almond butter and cinnamon.  I had 2 rice cakes with this half. 

 

IMG000062

 

I also ate the other half filled with a little more cottage cheese and cinnamon. That is one more rice cake – I was super hungry. 

D was happy to make a blog appearance.

 

IMG000066

And so was Charlie. The plate contains my dessert – 2 Medjool dates with peanut butter.  My honey admitted to eating my beloved dates today – he’s really loving them too. He made quite a dent in the package. There may be a date brawl going down at my homestead. 

 

IMG000068

 

Here are a few extra pictures.  I didn’t even have to ask for a kiss – he’s just that sweet.

 

IMG000064

Mommy giving back a little loving.  

 

IMG000069

 

That’s about all for tonight.  I hope you had a great weekend.  See you tomorrow. 

9 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Glad you made it through the day!!

D IS TOO CUTE!!! :-D

erica said...

awww, D seriously melts my heart. what a sweetie!

Mariposa said...

awww!!! sooo cute! i love the webcam pics! they are great!

my baby's (man i mean..) name is charlie too! cool!!

Maddy said...

oh my goodness. those pics of D are too cute!

erinbee said...

wow. you lookin stunning after the gym. im one of those gals that gets all red and puffy for hours postworking out. its delicious. haha.

that picture of d kissing your cheek is absolutely adorable!

Sarah (lovINmytummy) said...

You KNOW I love the family pics. Almost makes me sad the kids are in bed asleep. Almost, but not quite.

greendogwine said...

That's what I'm talking about! Love that little smile! he's just a peach!

ksgoodeats said...

What a cute family!! Glad you made it through the shower!

carolinebee said...

haha are those little star wars toys, SO cute!!!