Sunday, March 22, 2009

I got a bit Loco

Good morning my blog buddies.  I hope that you have been enjoying the weekend.  I attempted to sleep in today and I guess you can say I did because I didn’t wake up until 5 (hey that is almost an hour extra for this mama).  I headed downstairs and did some laundry while waiting for a little light in the sky. Yesterday I ventured out while Luna was still high in the sky and really didn’t want to do that again today. I enjoyed life and went a little loco.  I was feeling mighty good as I set out on my run.  I didn’t have a set distance in mind. I was actually going to keep it to a moderate distance seeing as I banged out 10.1 miles on Saturday.  Well this is how I know that I am just meant to be a long distance runner – my legs just wanted to go, go, go.  I ran through three different towns making lots of loops up and down various roads – it was great.  I managed to accomplish a 13.1 mile run in 1 hour and 45 minutes.  The great part is that the last three miles I was able to stay under 7 and a half minute miles and then bring it in strong at a 7 minute mile pace – my legs still had some juice left in them. 

When I got back inside my house all I wanted was my hot shower. I really find it hard to eat right after a long run. It kind of upsets my stomach so I like to let my body settle for a little then I refuel.

On the menu this morning was a bowl of hemp oats and boy were they yummy. 

I cooked 1/2 cup oatmeal with 1 cup water and a some hemp protein.  I added a banana once it was cooked and then topped it with a 4oz container of Banilla YoKids yogurt.

HPIM9355

Superman joined me this morning with a cup of Almond Milk – this stuff is delicious. I have the Organic Original flavor from Pacific Natural Foods which per cup has 60 calories, 2.5 grams of fat, 140 mg Potassium, 6 grams of sugar and 1 gram of protein.

 

HPIM9360

So I think I have earned a little veg time this morning and then I will get to my house work.  I am really not sure what else is on the agenda today. Have a great one. 

9 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

HOLY YUM!!

K said...

You DEFINITELY have earned some veg time this morning :)

Have a great Sunday!!

Jaime said...

what a great run lady! you are just fabulous

thecleanveggie said...

have fun vegging out today :)
great eats !

Burp and Slurp~! said...

5 is sleeping in for you? wow! I go to sleep just an hour before that! what time do you go to sleep?
also, amazing run! that's half a marathon!

Sammie said...

Burp & Slurp,
I usually am in bed by 9 or 9:30 but last night it was later because we watched a movie. And I make an exception on Sunday's so that I can watch Desperate Housewives.

jesslikesithot said...

You are a warrior Sammy!!! Sounds like a great run!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Great run Sammie - you're speedy. You definitely broke my half PR this morning!

So do you like the hemp protein powder? I think it tastes like dirt.

Sammie said...

Heather,
I love the hemp protein powder. I think is has a nutty taste. What brand did you try? I have the Manitoba Harvest Vanilla flavor.