Friday, March 13, 2009

Hugs from Miles Away

Happy Friday blog buddies!!  It looks like we are going to have another sunny day.  It is a bit chilly but the sun makes it look warm out there. 

I was up early today and decided to hit the pavement.  It was still dark out & I was not paying attention to my trusty Garmin. I didn’t realize how far I had gotten away from my house.  Well I ended up looping back home for a 6 mile run –oops!  Oh well, my legs feel fine and I didn’t push myself to run faster at all during my run. The first 1/2 mile I was skeptical of my new sneaks – they felt much different on the pavement than on the treadmill.  I did a test run outside the store before buying them but this time they didn’t feel the same.  Thankfully that feeling did not last and my new girls got their first good taste of dirt.   Once I got back home I did a Jillian inspired workout with my dumbbells.  Overall this mornings workout was GREAT!! 

I did get a little scare while I was running.  All of a sudden the air reeked of skunk.  I shined my flashlight around to see if there was a little critter around but I couldn’t see anything.  The stench was so bad and gagging.  Well unfortunately the skunk had been playing a game of chicken in the road and it lost.  Let me tell you the smell was the worst skunky odor I have ever smelled in my life – well besides the time Otto got skunked in our backyard – BARF!!!! 

For breakfast this morning I grabbed my new box of oat bran and cooked 1/2 a cup with water.  When it was finished cooking I added a banana then topped it with a 4oz container of Stoneyfield Farms Organic Banana yogurt, and a few chunks of avocado.  

Seriously don’t knock it until you try it.  Avocado goes extremely well with sweet flavors – just ask Heather – she is a wiz at avocado recipes. 

 

HPIM9090

Yesterday I got the cutest card from one of the sweetest ladies that I have never had the pleasure of meeting, just chatting it up via e-mail.  I’m sure you all know Polly the Yoga Queen with the biggest and brightest smile on the planet. If you need a little cheer in your life go sneak a peek at a picture of her and that gorgeous smile – it’s contagious.  Plus she always has such great things to say about life, family, friends and faith. 

HPIM9081

Inside the card she included some stickers for D. I told them they are from a friend far away and he was super excited.

Here is a little AM eye candy of my sweet tart. 

 

d4

 

LOVE THAT SMILE!!!! 

 

d1

 

Thanks Polly, D loves his stickers and he was even sharing them with us this morning. 

 

d3

Today I am going to buy myself a new pair of running pants for the race on Sunday. It is supposed to be in the 40’s so I won’t need anything super warm. All the pants I have are a little bulky and well I really need a new pair.  Other than that I am not sure what we will do today but I am sure we can keep busy.  Enjoy your day!

7 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Great workout; cute D; hooray for buying new running pants today; HAPPY FRIDAY!! :-D

Erica said...

WOW! What a great way to start the day (minus the skunk!). And what a fun little gifty for your favorite little man. Let us know what kind of running pants you end up getting

Danielle said...

Great run!
What a great bunch of stickers for adorable cutie!

polly said...

Love you, sweet Sammie and hugs to that adorable D!!! XOXO

kate said...

thanks for the advice on the running club! I will check into that as I am due for new shoes soon as well :).
good luck with your race on Sunday! 10ks are a great way to start, You'll do great I'm sure!!

K said...

Ewwwie with the skunk! One time my dog got skunked and our ENTIRE house smelled. The next day at school I even smelled like a skunk :( Yuck!!

skinnyrunner.com said...

avocado with oatmeal? crazy! but i do love me some avocados so i might have to try that.
good luck with the race!