Monday, March 2, 2009

Hot Buttered Pretzels

Our little baking experiment turned out to be successful. I whipped up a lovely dough recipe form my King Arthur Flour Baker’s Companion cookbook. 

Charlie and I ended up forming all the pretzels. For some reason D didn’t want to get his hands in the mess. 

HPIM8800

As you can see we are not the best at forming the perfect pretzel shape. We topped them with salt, sesame seeds and poppy seeds. 

 

HPIM8801

 

Once they came out of the oven I brushed them with a little melted Earth Balance. 

 

HPIM8803

 

This is a sad looking pretzel.  I am pretty sure I made this one – oops! I guess I need more dough handling practice.

 

HPIM8804

The hot buttered pretzels were a hit.  D actually ate one and asked for another – that’s my bread loving boy.  I always know that as long as there is bread around I can get him to eat. 

It was really fun to make these with my hubs. We kept laughing at each other as we were attempting to make the perfect pretzel.  I think that he and I should try to do more in the kitchen together.  

The best part was how easy these were to make. If you have flour, sugar, yeast, salt and butter, then you too can have a batch of your own homemade hot buttered pretzels.

2 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

HOLY YUM PRETZEL GOODNESS!! So glad you had fun making them :-)

Meghann said...

I think your pretzels are cute! you've almost inspired me o try to make my own. :)