Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hanging with the Guys

There was a little change in the plan this afternoon due to a doctor appointment that my niece ended up having to go to.  I went down to watch my buddy Rocco but ended up having to bring him back to my house so my sis could tend to her other kiddo.  He was so excited to get to come over to Auntie’s house.  He really digs it here.  His birthday is next month and when my sissy asked him where he wants to have his party he said “at Auntie Sammie’s house”. I’m cool, what can I say :)

My little guys had a blast with all of D’s toys. They made a fort using a Lightning McQueen garage.

 

HPIM9439

 

I snuck in for some photos.  These are for you mom. 

 

buddy1

My mommy reads my blog and is always asking for pictures of her other grandchildren.  Unfortunately my niece was not here, sorry Mimi.  For all you newbies – my mom lives in Maine (7 hours away) and doesn’t see the kiddies often.

Here are my little goobers. 

 

buddy2

 

They wanted to take a picture of me peeking in on their fun. 

 

 

peeking1

More silliness. 

 

buddy3

I had a great day hanging with the guys. 

 

buddy4

Now on to the food.  I ended up eating an apple this afternoon.  Yes I did eat the Pure Bar too and it was mighty fudgy.  If you haven’t tried them yet you MUST!!!

 

HPIM9438

For dinner I made a salad – lettuce, red pepper, zucchini, cottage cheese, lots of spices (cumin, curry, cardamom, cinnamon, turmeric and coriander) and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. All those flavors really tasted so refreshing.

 

HPIM9453

I was also in the mood for a good old PB & J.  I used Trader Joe’s reduced sugar strawberry preserves and Trader Joe's unsalted PB on my gluten free bread. 

 

HPIM9454

My dessert included some dark chocolate that my honey bought me from Whole Foods that is SOY FREE.  It tasted delicious with my dried fruit combo and raw cashews.  The chocolate is a variety that is infused with green tea.  I am normally not a fan of green tea but this bar is extremely tasty. 

 

HPIM9459

I managed to fit in an hour of Yoga for Runners from Yoga Download this evening after D was is la-la land. Man it has been way too long since I did my favorite class.  It felt so good to stretch and warm up my muscles. 

Now I am ready to hit the hay.  Tomorrow is a babysitting day at the gym so I will see you after lunch.  Have a great night.

8 comments:

ksgoodeats said...

PBJ!! Can't beat that classic :) How sweet he found you soy free chocolate! Glad you had a great day!

Rose said...

Aw, what a fun day :)

VeggieGirl said...

AWWW SO FUN!!

Mmm, PBJ.

Good luck babysitting!!

Danielle said...

You're little boy is adorable and so is your nephew what a fun day!

Heather said...

I've only done the 20 minute yoga for runners. How is the hour session?

Sammie said...

Heather,
It is my favorite Yoga Download class. I had a very tight hamstring last night and after I was done it felt a million times better. I am sooooo bad about stretching after I run so this particular class is exactly what my body needs.
If you try it let me know what you think.

Gen said...

Hi Sammie,

I love your blog and your son is so adorable! And I love your cereal "messes"--I can't go a day without my own! I had a question about going gluten-free--I am sorry if you already addressed this issue earlier, but I was wondering how you are feeling in general since going gluten-free, and what brand of bread you are using? And whether you think granola (oats) should not be eaten if you have a gluten sensitivity? I am not sure whether I have a sensitivity to wheat/gluten, but I am beginning to suspect I may because my stomach tends to feel bloated toward the end of the day but I don't have "pain" or heat flashes, etc. that I have read could be signs of a gluten allergy. Sorry for the longwinded post, but I was just trying to see whether I should try to alter my diet as well. Thank you so much, Gen

Sammie said...

Gen,
I am feeling GREAT since going gluten free. So good that I don't think that I will ever add it back in. I use Ener-G bread and Food for Life Tortillas - not terrific but better than nothing. I still have lots of experimenting to do. I can handle oatmeal but I have read that oat bran is a no-no, so I have not tried it and probably will not. I just started eating quinoa flakes which are very similar in texture to oat bran. As far as Granola goes - just make sure the label says gluten free. I also can not eat soy which is in a TON of gluten free foods. I love the Enjoy Life line of products because everything they make is free of gluten and soy.
Feel free to send me an e-mail if you have anymore questions.
I am happy to have you as I reader - thanks for commenting.