Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hack Job

Good morning!  I hope you all had a lovely evening.  I talked to my mommy on the phone for a while before heading to bed.  She is very excited for my race on Sunday.  I wish she were closer so that she could come and be part of the cheering squad.  I will just have to take lots of pictures so she can get a thorough recap. 

Today I did my last long run until after Sunday.  My plan is to go easy with my runs for the next few days.  I did an hour today which was about 7.3 miles.  Unfortunately  I had to run on the treadmill today because it was way too icy to be hitting the pavement.  All the rain we got yesterday froze over night.  I want run outside at least one time with my new sneakers before race day.  They seem to be fine on the treadmill but on the pavement they may feel different. 

Instead of shredding this morning I used the free weights at the gym.  As much as I am loving the Shred workouts, I just can’t stay out of the weight room forever. 

Since I am out of oat bran & have been eating oatmeal all week, I decided to make a bowl of Whole Grain Cream of Wheat today.  I cooked it with water, then added a banana and topped it with a Blue Berry Yo Baby.  This bowl contained all the right flavors and textures to start my day off on the right foot. 

 

HPIM9055

Yesterday when I was on the phone with my sis, she all of a sudden said “where did you get scissors? Nice hack job”. Apparently Rocco decided to give himself a haircut and chopped off his bangs.  I can’t wait to see what he did. Of course I will not laugh at him, but I bet it will be a hoot.  D is already pumped to have his best buddy to play with today.  I am pumped to be able to spend time with my best girl. 

Have a great day. 

11 comments:

Erica said...

Hey girl. Good luck at the race! Don't forget to send me an email!

VeggieGirl said...

Uh-oh about Rocco's hair, haha!! :-D

Good luck with the race!!

Jaime said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaime said...

too funny about rooco's hair! good look at the race-- i know you'll do fabulous! i've got to get my hands on this shred dvd!

Amanda said...

Didn't get to comment on your last post, but I can't wait to hear about your race!! I bet you will get bitten by the race bug and this will be the first of many :)

Haleigh said...

Oh, no! That is too funny about the hair! My cousin cut off his little brother's hair a few years ago up to the scalp in the front! love the blog!

www.innerwellness.wordpress.com

Meghann said...

I think we all went through the stages of giving ourselve our own hair cut.

I remember when I was 10 or 11 and I wanted my hair cut short, but my parents said my hair was pretty long and refused to let me get it cut. Well one night they left my cousin and I alone and she said she could cut my hair for me. I was 10 and dumb and she cut it just below my chin. Don't get me wrong thats the length I wanted.. however the uneven texture was something I didn't. My parents still refused to take me to get a proper hair cut and I believe I lived with uneven hair for a good year or so. To this day I only go for a hair cut once or twice a year and I blame my parents for instilling in me that haircuts are a silly expense one can live without.

HeatherBakes said...

Good luck on the race!! You're going to have a blast- can't wait to hear about it :)

That's so funny about your nephew's hair. Has any child ever NOT tried to cut their own hair (or their sibling's, hehe)?

ksgoodeats said...

Haha - I think everyone remembers cutting their own hair at one point! Hope it doesn't look too funny!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Ha - even I can't wait to hear about Rocco's new haircut. :)

Hope you re-stock your oat bran soon. I can't go a day without it!

Sammie said...

Heather,
I made a run to Whole Foods this morning and bought more. I was having withdrawals.