Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Gasping

Good morning!  The sun is shining here in MA and there is nothing falling from the sky so I am a happy mama.  The storm yesterday only left a little coating so I can still see the sidewalks – yea!!! 

If you haven’t noticed by now I am always up for a butt kicking workout. Seeing as I really enjoyed my Monday Shred, I just had to go back for more this morning.  I started out at the gym by doing a 4.5 mile run (the last half mile I sprinted), then I did 30 minutes on the Elliptical.  I headed home and popped in Jillian’s DVD.  Today I did workout 2.  Yes, I was gasping for air – she is a killer.  The moves she has you combine seem so easy yet when you actually perform them they totally kick booty. If D wants me to use my arms today I might be in serious trouble.  AND why have I never in my life done a squat thrust – they are insane or maybe I am not as tough as I thought.

After my brutal beating I definitely needed some sustenance.  In the mix today – 1/2 cup oatmeal (cooked with water) and 1/2 cup pumpkin.

 

HPIM9003 

My toppings were few tbsp Greek yogurt, a drizzle of agave, a sprinkle of cinnamon and a Natures Promise Trail Mix bar.

 

HPIM9006

Now I must go attempt to use my arms to unload the dishwasher and fold a basket of clean towels.  You know that when your arms are shaking after a workout you really worked those guns.  Have a great day.

7 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Damn, what a workout!! Keep breathing, haha :-D

Fabulous breakfast, as always!!

HAPPY TUESDAY!!

K said...

I'm thinking the squat-thrusts are insane because YOU are one of the toughest bloggies out there!

Have a great Tuesday!!

Courtney (The Hungry Yogini) said...

Delicious oatmeal!! Have a great day!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Yeah, that Shred DVD is a killer. I made the mistake of starting out with 8 lb dumbbells. I survived the workout, but COULD NOT even bend my arms the next day - not good for a massage therapist. :)

HeatherBakes said...

Way to go on the workout, Sammie! I can't even imagine what a squat-thrust could be...

Amanda said...

I agree with you on the Shred review! I have been doing Level 2 for a while and it continuously challenges me!! I have the hardest time with the squats/v-fly strength move during the last circuit! Phew! Glad you're enjoying it, too!

Jaime said...

wow! this shred dvd sounds intense! i think i want to try it!!! great eats sammie! :)