Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Fort D

Today D and I made a fort in the living room using dining room chairs and lots of blankets. At the moment he is giving Daddy a tour of it. I have a feeling he is going to want to leave it set up so he can play in there tomorrow.

Other than the construction today, we really didn’t have that much going on. We did run to Target – our favorite store. I needed some more Kashi Soft-Baked bars (I have been eating these before my early AM workouts) – this time I went with the Strawberry flavor. Of course D talked me into buying him more action figures – he’s into Batman Brave and the Bold now. He is a smooth talker and I caved into buying Blue Beetle and Aqua Man. So this afternoon I was Agua Man and he was Blue Beetle – he always gets to be the cool one.

Okay onto the eats for the day. AM snack was a Luna Bar.

HPIM8846

Lunch was 2 TJ’s Turkey Meatballs, a small bowl of mixed veggies (from my freezer) and ….

HPIM8849

2 slices of my beloved Whole Wheat Pizza that I made last night. I warmed them up on the pizza stone – soooooo delicious.

HPIM8851

My sweet ending was Orange Peel in Dark Chocolate. Only 2 squares are pictured but I ate 4. This is very similar to the other chocolate bar – which I still have some left but wanted to crack this guy open. Chocolate and orange really taste so amazing together. If you ever get the chance to have a chocolate covered candied orange peel, you must – that is my all time favorite chocolate treat.

HPIM8856

My afternoon snack was a banana and a Kashi Raspberry Dark Chocolate granola bar. This was the last one and I am most definitely all set with this flavor. Now the Pumpkin Pie, that is a different story. I will actually buy that flavor again and I did at Target today because Kashi Bars are on sale :)

HPIM8858

For dinner I made a salad – lettuce, red pepper, zucchini, hummus and chicken breast. I also had a pita on the side for a little whole grains. The chicken was just simply cooked in a pan that I sprayed with nonstick spray. I left it unseasoned so that my hubs can make chicken salad and I can spice mine up as needed.

HPIM8863

For dessert I had a scoop of Stoneyfield Farm Creme Caramel frozen yogurt and a scoop of Ben & Jerry Chocolate Fudge Brownie frozen yogurt. The Creme Caramel is way better than the Fudge Brownie – it is soooo smooth and creamy.

HPIM8864

It is time to go get my little man ready for bed. I hope you had a great day. Posting will be late tomorrow because it is my day to babysit. Goodnight.

5 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

I used to love playing fort when I was little!! Ahh memories :-)


Good luck babysitting tomorrow!!

ksgoodeats said...

I, too, was a fort builder! Loved that!!

That Luna is probably the only one I can eat - tastes like a granola bar :)

Jaime said...

stoneyfield farm creme caramel froyo is the best!
drooling over your pizza...

you totally need to open up your own pizza shop! :) xoxo

blueskyworld said...

mmm loving the yummmy eats!!!

Lauren said...

I miss making forts! My brother and I were master fort-builders :)

I agree completely about the Kashi granola bars... I've been trying to get my fiance to bring the box of raspberry ones to work with him, b/c I don't like the taste. I do love the pumpkin and coconut varieties though!