Thursday, March 19, 2009

Breakfast #2

This morning D is a hungry boy. He is currently eating his 2nd breakfast.  At least someone will eat the Fiber Twiggs now that they are a no-no to my wheat free diet.  He likes to top his with a little spot of honey.  His first breakfast was a TJ’s Multi Grain waffle with maple syrup – the real stuff of course. I am happy that he is starting his day with some tummy yummy eats.  You know how hard it can be to feed this kid sometimes.

 

breakfast2

I told him to make a funny face and this is what he came up with – I love my little goof ball.  He is sporting the sock monkey robe this morning.  He is pretending to be InuYasha (a half-demon boy with cat ears). 

 

breakfast

 

I’ve been up since 4:15 – yes I am an extremely early riser and I have ALWAYS been that way.  I ate the other half of the Enjoy Life Sunbutter Crunch bar before heading to the gym. 

 

HPIM9255

I did a 5.6 mile run, 15 min. on the Elliptical w/ handles (I like the one that uses upper body too) and then I did lift weights. 

For breakfast today I made a banana-riffic bowl of oatmeal.  Thankfully the oats seem to be fine with my belly. 

HPIM9257

 

I cooked 1/2 cup oats with water then added a banana and topped it with banana yogurt.  I have been using the 4oz Stonyfield Farms low fat YoKids containers just in case you are curious.  They come 6 to a pack and I bought the one that has 3 strawberry and 3 banana or banilla as they call it.   

 

HPIM9260 

My tummy is feeling great!!!  Wheat free and happy :)

My plan this morning is to take D to the story hour at the book store up the street from our house. We had a great time the last time we went and since it is supposed to rain it seems like a good indoor activity.

I hope you have a great day.

13 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Tons of deliciousness, as always!! And hooray for your stomach agreeing :-)

Good luck with your activities for the day!!

K said...

I'll have to try out that flavor of YoKids! D is so adorable!!

polly said...

D.. you are a hambone. =) I love that boy!

Yay for happy tummy, a great run, and story hour! I used to take Abbi and oh I miss her being age 4!

Love to you, Sammie! xoxo Polly

HeatherBakes said...

That sunbutter crunch bar looks yummy- I saw a jar of sunflower seed butter at the store yesterday and thought of you!

Hope you two have fun at story hour!

Mariposa said...

D is a cutie!! what a camera ham!

i didnt realize you were in Mass either! cool! where in Mass??

Meghann said...

I'm so happy to hear your tummy issues are almost resolved! :)

Sammie said...

Thanks Megahnn. I'm not that happy that I can't eat wheat but I am trying to sub with GF treats. GF things are not always that tasty - trial and error.

Mariposa said...

Sammie- too funny about being in Bellingham! i havent been there in a while- i need to go to Whole Foods though!

i grew up in Mansfield, pretty close as well!

Mariposa said...

FUNNNY!!!!!!!!! Well I wont tell you what street my parents are on.. lol but right near Flints Farm and Video Mania. my old stomping grounds. i am there a lot as well, free food.. lol

SUCH A SMALL WORLD!

jesslikesithot said...

aww D is so cute! looks like yummy food, as always!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Hey Sammie. Just catching up. Wheat free, huh? I think a lot of people would feel better if they would cut wheat from their diets. Glad your tummy is enjoying the wheat free lifestyle.

D - so cute!

Jaime said...

bahh D is just the cutest thing in the world!!!! i'm glad your tummy is feelin better! what a great workout you had! i'm curious-- i know you tried the shred-- what did you think of it? i'm a runner as well and work out a lot but i found the shred level 1 to be a bit too easy? i did level 2 today and it was a little better! have you tried level 3 yet?

have a great day! xo

Courtney (The Hungry Yogini) said...

What a healthy little eater!! Your breakfast looks delish!