Friday, March 6, 2009

Braided with Love

I got the rug my Nana made – I LOVE it!!! 

HPIM8919

She did such a great job and the colors really match my house.  I live in a very old (my house was built in 1900), cape style home. It is a very lived in place and I actually like it that way. A house without character just doesn’t have that warm and cozy feeling. 

 

HPIM8920

So I am sorry to blow off the posting yesterday. By the time I got back from Nana’s house it was dinner time and then we went out on a mission. Mr. D has two new buddies – Sonic & Shadow.  You all know his obsession with Sonic – he is even into the comic books now.  I promised him that we could go to Toys R Us and see if we could find him a Sonic.  Well we ended up going to 2 because one had Shadow but not Sonic.  He was so excited last night.  I never thought that he was going to go to bed. This morning the three of them are snuggled under my heated blanket.  I don’t think we will be leaving the house without his 2 buddies.

 

sonic

For breakfast today I tried something a little different.  I started my warm bowl of goodness the same – 1/2 cup oat bran cooked with water.  I then added pumpkin and a banana.  The topping this morning was vanilla yogurt (I used about 1/4 cup).  Oh baby, this was AMAZING.  I think I found my new favorite breakfast.  I always have a large container of vanilla yogurt for D so I will just have to sneak a few scoops for mommy’s yummies. 

 

HPIM8926

The yogurt added a little extra sweetness and a lot of creaminess.  I love how the pumpkin and the vanilla flavors mingled – pure delight. 

Today is a cleaning day.  Unfortunately my father-in-law is unable to meet me there this morning.  I will have to try to keep D occupied so that I can get the cleaning finished within a reasonable amount of time. I really don’t want to be there all day. I will probably make a TJ’s run while we are out. 

I am so thrilled that we are having a little bit of warmer weather – see ya snow.  The only thing that stinks about that is Otto get sooooo muddy. 

Well have a great Friday.  Any plans for the weekend?

4 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

GORRRGEOUS craftsmanship!!


Happy Friday, Sammie!!!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Sammie - love the new rug...and your brekkie. Vanilla yogurt always makes a good topping. it's like healthy whipped cream. :)

Have a good weekend. Glad things have finally warmed up a bit for ya.

Rose said...

Aw, Sammie. You just made me so nostalgic. My grandmother has several rugs like that in her house. I miss her so much. Her birthday is tomorrow actually (she'll be 92). I haven't seen her in months.

The rug is gorgeous.

ksgoodeats said...

That rug is gorgeous! My Great Grandma used to make stuff like that!

Have a great Friday!