Monday, March 23, 2009

Bahama Rice Burger

Good afternoon, I hope your day is going well.  We are being boring today – I think both D and I are running on a low tank of fuel.  He was up very early this morning when usually he is a late sleeper – definitely does not take after his mommy. 

Look what I got in the mail from my the sweetest lady out there.  Polly you are special and seem to know when this girlie needs a hug – even if it is coming from miles away.  If you do not know Polly then your missing out.  Go say hello and check out her great yoga videos. 

 

HPIM9383

My new hot cereal stayed with me pretty well but I still ended up needing an AM snack which was fine by me because I had this guy hanging out in the cabinet.  The Chocolate Coconut Chew Larabar is my new favorite. It seriously reminds me of a brownie and I love the coconut bits. 

 

HPIM9385

For lunch I tried a new product that I found at Whole Foods yesterday.  The large SOY FREE label grabbed my attention immediately.  Lucky for me these are also wheat free as well. 

 

HPIM9386

I served the rice burger on gluten free bread with a piece of provolone cheese. The burger was good and it had a yummy spicy flavor.  I am not sure if the provolone was the best cheese to pair with it.  I think a milder cheese would be better. 

 

HPIM9388

I also had a bowl if lettuce topped with salsa – the meal needed some green.

 

HPIM9389

Then I moved on to a little greek yogurt and a Blondie. Of course I made it into a little “mess” – nothing like the good old days though.

 

HPIM9392

I still needed a little something else so I ate and apple. 

 

HPIM9393

Now all is good. 

Enjoy your afternoon.

5 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Aww, love Polly!!


GLUTEN-FREE, SOY-FREE "BURGER"?!?!?!??!??! Score!!! By the way, I had a Sunshine burger for lunch today :-D

polly said...

Love you, sweet Sammie!! XOXO

ksgoodeats said...

Aw how sweet :) I miss your messy bowls but that looks like a tasty replacement!!

HeatherBakes said...

Woohoo for surprises in the mail! Those are the best.

To answer your question from this morning- I do think the polenta casserole is wheat free! It's basically just beans, polenta, spices and tomato sauce.

Sammie said...

Heather,
Thanks. It really looks yummy.