Tuesday, March 24, 2009

All About Spring

This morning for a little mommy & D time, I took my sweet tart to the story hour at the bookstore.  The theme of the day was Spring.  I think that after the Winter we had here in MA everyone is sooooooo ready for the nice weather. 

Before we left I had a snack – rice cakes with almond butter, raisins and a chopped apricot.

 

HPIM9430

I was actually ready for lunch when we got home so I started the assembly process.  My lunch today was inspired by my lovely friend Polly.  As soon as I spotted this recipe on her site I knew that I had to try salmon with a hard boiled egg. 

I used this can of salmon, 1 hard boiled egg and 1.5 tbsp 365 brand light canola oil mayo. I season it up with some dill and fresh ground black pepper. I used half the mixture to make my wrap.

 

HPIM9428

I ate it with lettuce on a GF tortilla.

 

HPIM9437

Along with red peppers and hummus.

 

HPIM9431

I finished lunch with some dried fruit and raw cashews.

 

HPIM9433

I am off to my sissy’s house with a Pure Bar on hand for when hunger strikes.

 

HPIM9432

I’ll be back after dinner.  Enjoy your afternoon. 

5 comments:

Simple and Divine said...

Hey Sammie girl! I was looking online for some Gluten-Free options for you and found this FABULOUS website with tons of products and they have reviews for all of the products by customers. Here is one of their breads.

http://www.glutenfreemall.com/catalog/schar-multigrain-glutenfree-bread-sandwich-pr-1030.html

And I'm sure your lovely sister would be able to find some GREAT things for her precious little pearl, too! I hope this helps you love. It breaks my heart that you're finding yourself so limited, but I'm so happy that you are not having the discomfort. xoxo

ksgoodeats said...

I can't wait for spring to officially SPRING either!! We need it! Hope you have a fabulous day at your sister's :)

Sammie said...

Julz,
Thanks sweetie!!!I have actually been on the Gluten Free Mall site before and will be ordering stuff soon. I am feeling SO GOOD so no worries with my limitations. There really are great options out there.

megan said...

I am just finding your blog!! Love it!!
Those pure bars are so fabulous...chocolate brownie especially :)
I love salmon- I have yet to make salmon salad though. I usually eat it plain out the can, haha.
Hope you have a fabulous Tuesday!

Shannon (The Daily Balance) said...

YUMMMM I LOVE apricots, so that rice cake looked extra delish ;)

I just recently found your blog and love it! -- I started one of my own, you should check it out sometime ;)