Saturday, February 14, 2009

Where is the Love?

Happy Valentine’s Day! I hope that your day is filled with all kinds of lovey doviness.  There seems to be some love missing here at my homestead – I haven’t even gotten a card yet.  The gift I bought my hubs was a pair of Ugg boots.  I thought that they would be good for his chilblains.  He hasn’t tried them on yet but he did say that he likes them.  I have gotten a little love from D – he said that he would be my Valentine and apologized for not having a card to give me – he is soooo sweet.

I woke up before my guys and headed out for a nice 8 mile run.  It took me a little over an hour – not bad considering I haven’t run outside that much the last few months.  I toasted a Kashi waffle and topped it with a tbsp of strawberry preserves for a pre-run snack. 

I threw together a super fast bowl of Whole Grain Cream of Wheat for breakfast – I had like 15 minutes to shove this in  my mouth before leaving to take D to karate.  I topped it with a banana, pumpkin and a Nature’s Promise granola bar.

 

HPIM8364

I was on my own at karate today.  Charlie had to take his car in for some service and my sissy is on her way to Maine.  D did a good job today – he tends to be a bit of a goof off.  On the way home I stopped at Honey Dew and let my Valentine have a special treat – a donut covered in chocolate icing and V-Day jimmies.  I had a decaf black coffee and a Luna bar. I brought this from home – they do not sell these at the donut shop. 

 

HPIM8367

When we got home I did a bunch of things around the house – laundry & tidying up.  My hubs is still not back from the dealer.  I really was trying to wait to have lunch but my tummy was talking.

I made a turkey, swiss cheese and lettuce wrap. On the side I had some of my red pepper spread, zucchini and red pepper sticks. 

 

HPIM8369

As I am typing away I am snacking on a Z Bar with a 1/2 tbsp smear of almond butter and a cup of decaf Chocolate Hazelnut tea (STASH brand – it is the best).

 

HPIM8370

I have no idea what the plan is for the rest of the day. We talked about going out but my mother-in-law called and said she was not feeling well so there goes the babysitter. It will just have to be a family Valentine date if we do end up going out. 

Enjoy your afternoon.

7 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Hooray for D at karate!!

Enjoy the rest of your V-Day festivities!!

Charlie said...

Hey, I bought you new boots like two weeks ago!

Erica said...

Aww Happy Valentine's day chicky! I think thats a great gift! Hope you guys have a nice day :)

hk said...

happy v day!! enjoy :)

carolinebee said...

Ha i like charlie's defense comment! I'm glad u have chocolate AND a valentine at least right!? :D I used to take karate when i was little, my dad was a black belt..it was such a great experience and it is such a good way to combine fun, fitness and a structured environment, i loved it i hope D is having a blast!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Happy Valentine's Day Sammie! Ugg boots? What an awesome and thoughtful gift - those will definitely keep Charlie's toes warm. Can't wait to see what your man got for you. :)

What, no Luna bars at the donut shop? Their customers are missing out!

ksgoodeats said...

What a great gift! They do keep your feet nice 'n toasty - PLUS, when the insoles have worn down/start getting old you can get new ones for $15 :) Just a little tip! I got my mom the insoles for Christmas and she said they made her boots feel brand new.

Have a great Valentine's Day!!