Monday, February 23, 2009

Unexpected Busy Day

Today I really had not planned on being so busy but that is just how things go around here. 

Here is how the craziness went down.  I told D that we could stop at Dunkin Donuts before going to Stop & Shop in hopes that he wouldn’t give me a hard time about going grocery shopping. It worked – kind of. As he munched on his donut I had a Luna bar. 

 

HPIM8606

There just happens to be a new comic book shop next to the DD that we were at, so we stopped in there and ended up staying in the store for almost an hour. The owner was chewing my ear off - at least he was friendly. We then headed to S & S – by this time it was already 11:30.

I arrived back home at about 1 o’clock and made a quick lunch.

Salad – lettuce, alfalfa sprouts, red pepper, zucchini, broccoli, cooked ground turkey and  drizzle of homemade dressing (mustard, balsamic and water). 

 

HPIM8612

 

I also had a Flat-Out Wrap, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt and some fresh blueberries & strawberries.  I got the little man to eat some strawberries too.

 

HPIM8610

HPIM8609

 

 

 

 

 

My sweet ending was a Z Bar.  As I was eating this my nephew called and asked if we would meet him and my sis at Nana’s house.  I was planning on calling Nana to see how Ocho was so I figured stopping buy was even better.  So it was out the door as soon as I finished up this little goodie. 

 

HPIM8614

The boys had so much fun playing.  They definitely missed each other last week (Rocco was on vaca up at Mimi’s house in Maine).  My sis had to leave to get my niece off the bus and Rocco really didn’t want to leave. I kept him with me for a little while longer and then dropped him off at home around 4:30.  When I was in the car heading to my sis’s house I threw this bad boy in my mouth.

 

HPIM8615

D and I made it home a little after 5 and I whipped up a super speedy dinner.  Even though I had the ROLL! bar I was so ready for dinner – I was famished. 

I made an egg and swiss cheese sandwich on a Whole Wheat English muffin with lettuce and tomato. There was also a sliced golden delicious apple consumed.

 

HPIM8617 

The fresh blueberries were looking so good so I topped 1/4 cup cottage cheese with 1/4 cup berries and threw in a few tbsp TJ’s High Fiber Twigs for crunch. 

 

HPIM8620

I picked up this dark chocolate bar at the store today.

 

HPIM8623

And had about 1/3 of it for dessert.

 

HPIM8627

My honey just got home. Thankfully I was able to prepare an easy dinner for him too.  He had a left over sausage, a potato and cucumber slices. D is eating some ice cream for dessert, then it is story time.

I am so ready for some relaxation.  Have a great night.

7 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Enjoy your well-deserved R&R night!!

Simple and Divine said...

Wow, WHAT A DAY! So glad you can relax tonight! The strawberries have been SO SPECTACULAR recently mmm! <3

ksgoodeats said...

Love the egg sandwich!! You guys have had quite a busy day! Enjoy your night :)

Danielle said...

What a busy day! Your egg sandwich dinner looks so good!

Bridget said...

Phew! You had a busy day!! Love the DD trick to get through grocery shopping! I used to love getting munchkins when I was little!! (ok they are still good now...but you know what I meant haha)

Julie said...

Hey Sammie...where did you find the flat-out wraps in MA?

Sammie said...

Julie,
I found them at Hannaford.