Saturday, February 21, 2009

This How We Roll

Hello bloggers!!  I hope you all had a great day.  We have been quite busy and enjoyed lots of family time together. 

I started my day with a frosty 8 mile run – man I can’t wait for Spring.  I don’t think the lentils I had for dinner agreed with me because I ended up having the worst stomach ache.  I just sucked it up and chugged on.  I finished in a little over an hour regardless of my tummy woes.  I guess I won’t be eating those again after all. 

I really did not want anything too heavy for breakfast so I just had a piece of whole wheat toast, Sunbutter, 1/4 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup pumpkin jazzed up with a tsp agave and cinnamon. 

 

HPIM8545

Then it was out the door to D’s karate class.  He did really good today – there wasn’t any acting up at all.  He even told his Sensei that he was going to behave today.  We had our usual stop at Border’s when the class was over.  I snacked on this Luna bar. 

 

HPIM8546

 

When we got home I tried to lay down for a little while (my belly was still not feeling right).  It lasted about 30 minutes before I just had to get up.  I thought about some lunch because I was honestly hungry but hesitant to add anything to the ache in my gut.  A little while later I settled on some cooked veggies – summer squash, zucchini, red pepper and alfalfa sprouts which I cooked in a pan with nonstick spray.  I topped some cooked whole wheat couscous with the veg, 3 oz. cooked ground turkey and then added lots of my favorite blend of spices (cardamom, coriander, cumin, paprika, cinnamon and turmeric).

 

HPIM8547

 

I ended lunch with 1/2 a cup Greek yogurt with an agave swirl and a No Pudge Brownie. 

 

HPIM8552

HPIM8553

 

 

 

 

 

We decided to head out for some family fun.  Before we left I had a Raw Crunch bar – soooooo good. 

 

HPIM8565

 

We took D roller skating.  This was only his second time - he did OK. 

 

HPIM8554

 

Charlie playing with the camera in the mirror – I love D’s expression. 

 

skate2

He does pretty good on the carpet but get him out on the skating floor and he is very clumsy.  We had a great time :)

 

skate 

As we were leaving D requested some food so we decided to get something for dinner.  We tried a place called WAH-BO which turned out to be great.  D had a burger and tortilla chips.

 

HPIM8558

 

Daddy had a double bison burger with “air fries” – they are baked NOT fried. 

 

HPIM8561

And I had a 3 oz. bison burger with lettuce, tomato and mustard.  I also had the "air fries” – yeah they are awesome.  This was a great dinner.  It was filling but not over the top belly busting. 

 

HPIM8559

 

Our little man has himself a sweet tooth – he gets that from both mommy & daddy.  We were not too far from Hebert’s Candy Mansion which has a make your own sundae bar.  D was thrilled to get himself a dish of cookie dough with some caramel topping.  I opted for the raspberry sorbet as I am pretty sure the ice cream they serve is not hormone free.  I topped my dish with strawberries, blueberries, a couple gummy bears and sprinkles.  I pretty much ate the toppings and some of the sorbet – it had an odd texture. 

 

HPIM8564

We arrived home past D’s bed time so we tucked the little monkey in ASAP.  He fell asleep so fast – he has had one heck of a day.  I am ready to hit the hay myself.  See you tomorrow. 

10 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Fabulous, fun, and busy day!! :-)

Charlie said...

I have quite the hairdo going in that picture. I shouldn't have gone back out without my hat!

HangryPants said...

This post reminded me of my most favorite place for a birthday party in the 80s - USA Skates.

foodsthatfit said...

Sorry about the aching belly during your run, I hate that! Esp. when I can't figure out what is causing it! Looks like a fun day otherwise!

Sammie said...

Heather,
Roller Skating totally reminds me of the 80's. The place was decorated exactly the same as when I was a kid too.

greendogwine said...

What a fun day! Looks like you guys had a blast!

Sorry about your belly hurting! :(

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Sammie, sorry about the belly woes, but it sounds like you ended up having a great day. Look at cute D in his skates...air fries? Why don't more restaurants serve those?!? Enjoy your Sunday. :)

ksgoodeats said...

Aw glad you guys had such a fun day!! You are such a dedicated runner, it's very inspiring :)

Have an equally fantastic Sunday!

carolinebee said...

LOVE all the pictures!! haha all my friends had roller skating parties back in the day, always with the worst music and cheesy games and hokey pokey's and stuff! D looks just like u guys, soo cute and I'm glad to see him chowing down! I just bought hormone free milk...I was talking to a girl i know that is an esthetician and she's recommending things i can do to clear up my skin, I know this works for you so i'm really hoping it helps me!

Meghann said...

Looks like a fun family outing! :)

I havebn't been rollar sakting in forver, but I think you have given me the urge to. I have a pair of rollar blades in the back of my closet that need to be put to use.